Councillor Jeremy Loveday
- Oaklands Community Association
Regional Service and Civic Committees
- Active Transportation Advisory Committee
- Canadian Capital Cities Board Organization
- Capital Regional Hospital District Board
- Capital Region Housing Corporation Board
- City of Victoria Youth Council
- Climate Action Inter-Municipal Task Force
- CRD Arts Commission
- CRD Board of Directors
- CRD Core Area Liquid Waste Management Committee
- CRD Finance Committee
- CRD Hospitals and Housing Committee
- CRD Planning and Protective Services
- CRD Regional Arts Facilities Select Committee
- CRD Regional Water Supply Commission
- CRD Transportation Committee
- Urban Food Table
A second term City Councillor and current CRD Director, Jeremy is passionate about cultivating affordability, sustainability and vibrancy in Victoria. Jeremy is driven by the belief that Victoria is one of the greatest small cities in the world and that our residents have the ideas, drive, creativity, and passion to make it even better.
Jeremy is the founder and Director of the Victorious Voices Youth Arts Festival, the longest running youth spoken word festival in Canada. Prior to his time on Council, Jeremy worked in the non-profit sector as a community development coordinator and independently as a facilitator, public speaker, and award-winning spoken word artist. Jeremy has served on numerous boards and commissions including Destination Greater Victoria, Greater Victoria Public Library, Victoria Civic Heritage Trust, Accessibility Working Group, and the City of Victoria’s Renters Advisory Committee.
A 2017 Next City Vanguard Fellow for urban innovation, Jeremy is currently studying part-time at the University of Bradford where he is undertaking an MBA with a focus on Innovation, Enterprise, and Circular Economy.
Outside of his council work, Jeremy enjoys hockey, hiking, ocean swimming, volunteering, and supporting local arts and cultural events.
Go to Top