Councillor Jeremy Loveday
- Victoria West Community Association
Regional Service and Civic Committees
- Accessibility Working Group
- Capital Region Housing Corporation Board
- Capital Regional Hospital District Board
- CRD Board of Directors
- CRD Arts Commission
- CRD Core Area Liquid Waste Management Committee
- CRD Environmental Services Committee
- CRD First Nations Relations Committee
- CRD Regional Parks Committee
- CRD Regional Water Supply Commission
- Community Wellness and Peer-Informed Task Force Liaison
- Greater Victoria Public Library Board
- Renters' Advisory Committee
- Royal and McPherson Theatres Society Advisory Committee
- Tourism Victoria Board of Directors
- Urban Food Table
- Victoria Civic Heritage Trust
First elected in 2014 and re-elected in 2018, Jeremy is passionate about making Victoria more affordable, sustainable, and vibrant. He is drawn to local politics because of the concrete nature of the decisions that need to be made and a deep love for the City of Victoria. So far, he has found each day as a Councilor challenging and rewarding. He is driven by the belief that Victoria can be one of the greatest small cities in the world and that our residents have the ideas, drive, creativity, and passion to make it happen.
Jeremy is perhaps most well known for using his award winning spoken word poetry to speak out about important issues. In 2014, he made headlines around the world when one of his videos advocating against gender violence went viral online. He is the Founder and Director of Victorious Voices Youth Arts Festival and was the champion of the City of Victoria’s Youth Poet Laureate Program; the first of its kind in Canada.
Jeremy is action oriented and leads collaboratively. You can often find him riding his bicycle, working with youth, or meeting with residents in local coffee shops. Jeremy grew up in James Bay, currently resides in Fernwood, and holds a degree from Concordia University in Montreal.
Want another view of how Jeremy views Victoria? Check out this video: https://vimeo.com/121326803Go to Top