Mayor Lisa Helps
Regional Service and Civic Committees
- Capital Region Housing Corporation Board
- Capital Regional District (CRD) Board
- Capital Regional Hospital District Board
- CRD Core Area Liquid Waste Management Committee
- CRD Environmental Services Committee
- CRD Hospitals and Housing Committee (Chair)
- CRD Regional Arts Facilities Select Committee
- CRD Tenant Advisory Committee (Chair)
- City Family
- Greater Victoria Commission to End Homelessness
- Victoria Regional Transit Commission
- Welcoming Cities Task Force
Lisa Helps became the 52nd Mayor of Victoria when she was elected on November 15, 2014, and was sworn into office for her second term on November 1, 2018. Prior to being elected as Mayor, she served as a Victoria City Councillor for one term, from 2011 to 2014.
Mayor Helps works hard at City Hall and in the community to ensure that the city is prosperous, affordable, sustainable, and ready for the future. Taking a long-term, big-picture perspective, she looks both around the city and around the world for innovative solutions to the pressing challenges facing us including climate change, lack of affordable housing, and growing social isolation and loneliness, especially among youth and seniors.
Mayor Helps believes that the best way to address complex challenges is to bring people from a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences together and to truly listen to each other. In her experience, listening deeply with empathy and generosity and taking in new information can enable us to change our minds or at least to broaden our perspectives. She’s honoured to have been elected as Mayor of Victoria and to serve her community in this capacity.
What's Up At Council?
What's Up At Council? is our bi-weekly video series hosted by Mayor Lisa Helps that gives you a glance at what's coming up for discussion and decision making at Council.
Coming Soon -- What's Up At Council? on Thursday, October 28 at 6:30 p.m. Watch the live webcast.
2018 Inaugural Address
Below is Mayor Helps' 2018 Inaugural Address in Council Chambers.Go to Top