Indigenous and Newcomer Business
Indigenous and Newcomer Business Roundtable
October 8, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
City Hall Antechamber
This roundtable is for Indigenous-run businesses and organizations that support Indigenous entrepreneurs. It’s also for newcomer-run businesses and organizations that support newcomer entrepreneurs.
Key questions for discussion:
- What is the City currently doing well to support Indigenous and newcomer businesses?
- What can the City do better to support Indigenous and newcomer businesses? (Please be as specific as possible)
- What challenges is your company/industry facing in becoming future ready?
- Does your company/industry have ambition to be a global influencer? If so, tell us more.
- How can the City assist your company/industry to be more future ready and globally fluent?
- What is one word you’d use to describe Victoria today? What is one word you’d like to be able to use to describe Victoria 20 years from today?
- What else do you want to tell us?
All roundtables will be held at City Hall and facilitated by Mayor Helps. In order to cross pollinate (and to cut down on the number of meetings!) we’ve batched two topics together per roundtable. Please give some thought to the discussion questions in advance. If you’re interested in reading this background piece, 10 Traits of Globally Fluent Metro Areas, please feel free to do so.Go to Top