Neighbourhood Business and Social Enterprise
Neighbourhood Business and Social Enterprise Roundtable
November 5, 12:30-2 p.m.
City Hall Antechamber
This roundtable is for people who run businesses in the City’s neighbourhoods; this includes people who work from home in the city’s neighbourhoods. It’s also for everyone working in the social enterprise sector.
Key questions for discussion:
- What is the City currently doing well to support small businesses in neighbourhoods and social enterprises and social enterprise culture?
- What can the City do better to support small businesses in neighbourhoods and social enterprises and social enterprise culture? (Please be as specific as possible)
- What specific challenges do neighbourhood businesses and social enterprises face that larger-scale businesses don’t?
- What can the City do to help address these specific challenges?
- What is one word you’d use to describe Victoria today? What is one word you’d like to be able to use to describe Victoria 20 years from today?
- What else do you want to tell us?
All roundtables will be held at City Hall and facilitated by Mayor Helps. Please give some thought to the discussion questions in advance. If you’re interested in reading this background piece, 10 Traits of Globally Fluent Metro Areas, please feel free to do so.