Indigenous and Newcomer Business
Indigenous and Newcomer Business Roundtable
Facilitated by Mayor Lisa Helps on October 8, 2019 at City Hall, this roundtable was for Indigenous-run businesses and organizations that support Indigenous entrepreneurs. It was also for newcomer-run businesses and organizations that support newcomer entrepreneurs.
Key questions for discussion included:
- What is the City currently doing well to support Indigenous and newcomer businesses?
- What can the City do better to support Indigenous and newcomer businesses? (Please be as specific as possible)
- What challenges is your company/industry facing in becoming future ready?
- Does your company/industry have ambition to be a global influencer? If so, tell us more.
- How can the City assist your company/industry to be more future ready and globally fluent?
- What is one word you’d use to describe Victoria today? What is one word you’d like to be able to use to describe Victoria 20 years from today?
- What else do you want to tell us?
Interesting Read: 10 Traits of Globally Fluent Metro Areas