Information for Candidates
The nomination period for the 2018 Municipal Election is now closed.
The Provincial Government has produced a number of guides that voters and candidates might find helpful. The documents below provide important new information for candidates, elector organizations and third party sponsors.
- General Local Elections 101
- Supporing a Candidate for Local Elections in BC
- Candidates Guide to Local Elections in BC
- Elector Organization Guide to Local Elections in BC
The Local Elections Campaign Financing Act regulates the manner in which financial disclosures and other related actions are made. This legislation applies to candidates, elector organizations and those wishing to take part in the election process by means of advocacy. This process is managed by Elections BC.
Contact the Elections BC Campaign Financing team at by phone or email at:
P: 1-855-952-0280 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elections BC has staff available to answer campaign financing and election advertising inquiries from all local elections participants.
The following materials are available on the Elections BC website: www.elections.bc.ca/lecf
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in B.C. for Candidates and their Financial Agents
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in B.C. for Elector Organizations and their Financial Agents
A separate guide for School Trustee Election Procedures is provided by the Ministry of Education.
Go to Top
Looking for more information? Please see our frequently asked questions below.