Community Wellness and Peer-Informed Task Force
Thank you to everyone who applied to serve on the City of Victoria's Community Wellness Peer-Informed Task Force. The submission deadline was Friday, September 6, 2019 at 4 p.m.
The Task Force will be comprised of members with lived experience and will focus on issues of mental health, problematic substance use, and homelessness to help develop recommendations for the City of Victoria’s Community Wellness Strategy.
Task Force members will participate in a series of engagement sessions with Council liaisons to identify and inform what actions need to be taken to deliver an effective, responsible, and community-building response at the municipal level.
Areas of focus will include:
- integration of services
Prepared with staff support, the Council liaisons will present the Draft Community Wellness Strategy to City Council for consideration.
Once the Community Wellness Strategy has been adopted by Council, the work of the Task Force will be complete.
The Community Wellness and Peer-Informed Task Force will consist of 12 – 14 members.
Participants will have experiential knowledge in the following areas:
- Personal lived experience with mental illness
- Personal lived experience with problematic substance use and/or addictions
- Family experience with mental illness
- Family experience with problematic substance use and/or addictions
- Experience with the mental health care system
- Experience with treatment, recovery, or addictions and the health care system
- Experience with homelessness
For more information, please read the Terms of Reference.
Meeting Schedules and Minutes
Once underway, Task Force meeting schedules and minutes will be posted here.
For More Information