External Grant Review Committee
The External Grant Review Committee provides assistance to Council in its deliberations on Strategic Plan Grants.
The City of Victoria is currently looking for members of the public to fill four positions on its External Grant Review Committee:
- two, two-year term positions
- two, one-year term positions
Your role as a member of this committee will be to review all of the Strategic Plan Grant applications the City receives annually and make recommendations to City Council on which of the proposed community programs and/or projects should receive funding.
The committee’s recommendations will be guided by the City’s Strategic Plan, and in particular, the evaluation matrix specifically established for Strategic Plan Grants.
Applicants should have interest or expertise in:
- Good Governance and Civic Engagement
- Reconciliation and Indigenous Relations
- Affordable Housing
- Prosperity and Economic Inclusion
- Health, Well-Being and a Welcoming City
- Climate Leadership and Environmental Stewardship
- Sustainable Transportation
- Strong, Liveable Neighbourhoods
Potential candidates should not be affiliated with any organizations that apply for the City's annual Strategic Plan Grant.
How to Apply
If you would like to fill out and/or drop off an application in person, you may come into City Hall and ask to speak to someone in Legislative Services. For more information, call 250.361.0571 or email email@example.com.
The deadline to submit your application form is 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, January 26, 2022.
Those who are appointed by Council will be contacted by the end of February and will have the opportunity to review and make recommendations on this year's Strategic Plan Grant applications.
Terms of Reference
Learn more about the Terms of Reference.
Learn more about the City's Strategic Plan Grant program.
The following individuals appointed by Council make up this five-person committee:
- Chris Tilden
- Meribeth Burton
- Luca Piscetta
- Lauren Petersen
- Carolyne Stayton
- March 10, 2021 [PDF - 47 KB]
- March 19, 2021 [PDF - 47 KB]
- April 16, 2021 [PDF - 47 KB]
- May 7, 2021 [PDF - 46 KB]
- May 14, 2021 [PDF - 46 KB]
- March 10, 2021 [PDF - 97 KB]
- March 19, 2021 [PDF - 97 KB]
- April 16, 2021 [PDF - 85 KB]
- May 7, 2021 [PDF - 78 KB]
- May 14, 2021 [PDF - 54 KB]