Heritage Advisory Panel
The Heritage Advisory Panel's purpose is to advise Council on heritage matters referred to the Panel.
Thank you to all those who applied to be part of the City's Heritage Advisory Panel. The recruitment process has now concluded and the newly appointed members have been contacted.
- To advise the Committee of the Whole on those heritage matters coming within the scope of the committee under the Local Government Act or that are referred to it by the Committee of the Whole (which is made up of City Council).
- To make recommendations to the Committee of the Whole respecting the designation of heritage buildings, structures and lands, and the preservation, alteration, renovation or demolition of heritage buildings, structures or lands.
- To meet jointly with the Advisory Design Panel to review and provide recommendations to the Planning and Land Use Committee on development proposals referred to a joint meeting.
The Heritage Advisory Panel is governed by Bylaw NO. 97-104 (Heritige Advisory Committee Bylaw)
The Heritage Advisory Panel members meet on the second Tuesday at noon of every month.
There are no specific qualifications required to sit on the Panel.
The Heritage Advisory Panel is made up of 10 members appointed by City Council. Members may serve a maximum of three consecutive 18-month terms (4.5 years) on the Panel.
Members of the Heritage Advisory Panel for term July 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021 are:
- Avery Bonner
- Deniz Unsal
- Graham Walker
- Helen Edwards
- Imran Saeed
- James Kerr
- Pamela Madoff, Chair
- Quinn MacTavish
- Steve Barber
- Veronica Strong-Boag
Meetings of the Heritage Advisory panel are open to the public. During COVID, meetings are hosted using Microsoft Teams software, which can be downloaded free of charge at the Microsoft website. For an invitation to an upcoming meeting, please contact email@example.com.
The submission deadline for heritage applications to be on the next Heritage Advisory Panel agenda is the last Monday of the month prior to the scheduled HAPL meeting.
- November 9, 2021 [PDF - 118 KB]
- October 12, 2021 [PDF - 165 KB]
- September 14, 2021 [PDF - 154 KB]
- August 10, 2021 [PDF - 135 KB]
- July 13, 2021 [PDF - 128 KB]
- June 8, 2021 [PDF - 120 KB]
- May 11, 2021 [PDF - 156 KB]
- April 13, 2021 [PDF - 179 KB]
- March 9, 2021 [PDF - 115 KB]
- February 9, 2021 [PDF - 131 KB]
- January 12, 2021 [PDF - 125 KB]
- December 8, 2020 [PDF - 189 KB]
- November 10, 2020 [PDF - 128 KB]
- October 13, 2020 [PDF - 235 KB]
- September 8, 2020 [PDF - 99 KB]
- August 11, 2020 [PDF - 203 KB]
- July 28, 2020 [PDF - 57 KB]
- June 9, 2020 [PDF - 115 KB]
- May 12, 2020 [PDF - 161 KB]
- Mar 10, 2020 [PDF - 150 KB]
- Feb 11, 2020 [PDF - 26 KB]
- Jan 13, 2020 [PDF - 28 KB]