Heritage Advisory Panel
The Heritage Advisory Panel's purpose is to advise Council on heritage matters referred to the Panel.
Thank you to all those who applied to be part of the City's Heritage Advisory Panel. The recruitment process has now concluded and the newly appointed members have been contacted.
- To advise the Committee of the Whole on those heritage matters coming within the scope of the committee under the Local Government Act or that are referred to it by the Committee of the Whole (which is made up of City Council).
- To make recommendations to the Committee of the Whole respecting the designation of heritage buildings, structures and lands, and the preservation, alteration, renovation or demolition of heritage buildings, structures or lands.
- To meet jointly with the Advisory Design Panel to review and provide recommendations to the Planning and Land Use Committee on development proposals referred to a joint meeting.
The Heritage Advisory Panel members meet on the second Tuesday at noon of every month.
There are no specific qualifications required to sit on the Panel.
The Heritage Advisory Panel is made up of 10 members appointed by City Council. Members may serve a maximum of three consecutive 18-month terms (4.5 years) on the Panel.
Members of the Heritage Advisory Panel for term January 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023 are:
- Avery Bonner
- Deniz Unsal
- Graham Walker
- Helen Edwards
- Imran Saeed
- James Kerr
- Pamela Madoff, Chair
- Quinn MacTavish
- Steve Barber
- Veronica Strong-Boag
Meetings of the Heritage Advisory panel are open to the public. Until further notice, meetings are hosted using Microsoft Teams software, which can be downloaded free of charge at the Microsoft website. For an invitation to an upcoming meeting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The submission deadline for heritage applications to be on the next Heritage Advisory Panel agenda is the last Monday of the month prior to the scheduled HAPL meeting.
- Janauary 11, 2022 - Minutes [PDF - 144 KB]
- February 8, 2022 - HAPL Minutes [PDF - 121 KB]
- March 8, 2022 - HAPL Minutes [PDF - 81 KB]
- April 12, 2022 - HAPL Minutes [PDF - 102 KB]
- May 10, 2022 - HAPL Minutes [PDF - 107 KB]
- June 14,2022- HAPL Minutes [PDF - 73 KB]
- July 12, 2022 - HAPL Minutes [PDF - 65 KB]
- August 9, 2022 - HAPL Minutes [PDF - 90 KB]
- September 13, 2022 - HAPL Minutes [PDF - 64 KB]
- October 11, 2022 - Meeting Cancelled
- November 8, 2022 - HAPL Minutes [PDF - 90 KB]
- Archived Minutes