Renters' Advisory Committee
The Renters’ Advisory Committee’s purpose is to provide advice and recommendations to Victoria City Council on:
- Policies to increase rental housing stock
- Improving conditions and well being for renters in the City of Victoria
- Strategic priorities for the city relating to renters
- The impacts of provincial and federal legislation affecting tenants
- Enhancing access and inclusion for renters in developing municipal policy and civic life
- Other matters that the committee deems relevant to the interests of renters in the City of Victoria.
The Committee consists of up to 12 (twelve) members appointed by Council for two (2) year terms, representing the diverse perspectives and experiences of renters and renters’ advocates. The Committee will meet monthly from September to November and January to June.
Renters' Advisory Committee Workplan
The 2019-2021 Work Plan summarizes the high priority objectives for the Committee and establishes an action plan to achieve those objectives.
Council has appointed the following candidates to the Renters' Advisory Committee each for a two-year term from February 1, 2019 to January 31, 2021:
- Megan Billings
- Maureen Bourke
- Jeff Dean
- Riga Godron
- Vanessa Hammond
- Yuka Kurokawa
- Ashley McKay
- Alfred Okot Ochen
- Leslie Robinson
- Amy White
- Alieda Blandford
Go to Top