Renters' Advisory Committee
The Renters’ Advisory Committee’s purpose is to provide advice and recommendations to Victoria City Council on:
- Policies to increase rental housing stock
- Improving conditions and wellbeing for renters in the City of Victoria
- Strategic priorities for the city relating to renters
- The impacts of provincial and federal legislation affecting tenants
- Enhancing access and inclusion for renters in developing municipal policy and civic life
- Other matters that the committee deems relevant to the interests of renters in the City of Victoria.
The Committee consists of up to 12 (twelve) members appointed by Council for two (2) year terms, representing the diverse perspectives and experiences of renters and renters’ advocates. The committee will meet monthly from September to November and January to June.
Council has appointed the following 12 candidates to the Renters' Advisory Committee each for a two-year term from February 1, 2019 to January 31, 2021:
- Megan Billings
- Maureen Bourke
- Jeff Dean
- Riga Godron
- Vanessa Hammond
- Yuka Kurokawa
- Ashley McKay
- Alfred Okot Ochen
- Leslie Robinson
- Emily Rogers
- Amy White
- Alieda Blandford
The May 21, 2019 meeting is scheduled for 5:00pm-7:00pm in the Songhees Nation Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall.
The May 28, 2019 meeting is scheduled for 8:00am-10:00am in the Songhees Nation Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall.
AgendasGo to Top