Renters' Advisory Committee
The City of Victoria is seeking eight renters to serve on its Renters' Advisory Committee for a two-year term.
The Renters’ Advisory Committee provides advice and recommendations to Victoria City Council on:
- Policies to protect and improve the quality and affordability of existing rental stock
- Policies to increase rental housing stock
- Improving conditions and well-being for renters living within Victoria
- Strategic priorities for the City relating to renters
- Impacts of provincial and federal legislation affecting tenants
- Enhancing access and inclusion of renters in the development of municipal policy and civic life
- Other matters that the Renters’ Advisory Committee deems relevant to the interests of renters within Victoria
Committee members are to represent the diverse perspectives and experiences of renters and renters’ advocates.
Three members are to have expertise or lived experience on accessibility issues.
Appointed by Council, up to 12 members serve two-year terms. The membership rotates to provide overlapping terms, with annual recruitment to replace outgoing members.
Two members of City Council are appointed to serve as non-voting liaisons to the Renters’ Advisory Committee.
For details, view the Terms of Reference [PDF - 104 KB].
How to Apply
If you would like to come in to City Hall to apply in person, the Ambassador at the front desk will contact Legislative Services staff to assist you. Please call 250.361.0571 or email email@example.com for more information.
The deadline to submit your application form is Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Selected candidates will be notified in mid-October and expected to attend the October 19, 2021 Renters' Advisory Ciommittee meeting.
The Committee meets monthly for two hours from September to November and January to June.
Renters' Advisory Committee Work Plan
The 2019-2021 Work Plan summarizes the high priority objectives for the Committee and establishes an action plan to achieve those objectives.
The Renters' Advisory Committee currently includes:
- Vanessa Hammond
- Yuka Kurokawa
- Leslie Robinson
- Alieda Blandford
March 17, 2020 Agenda [PDF - 101 KB] - Meeting cancelled due to COVID-19
Go to Top