The City of Victoria is making meaningful investments in liveable neighbourhoods, affordable housing and safer streets to improve the quality of life for residents, in Council’s four-year Strategic Plan.
Comprehensive input from City staff and the community informed the 2019 - 2022 Strategic Plan that was adopted by City Council on Thursday, March 14, 2019.
For highlights from the 2019 - 2022 Strategic Plan, click here.
The 2019 - 2022 Strategic Plan's eight objectives and associated actions will guide the City's work over the next four years.
- Good Governance and Civic Engagement
- Reconciliation and Indigenous Relations
- Affordable Housing
- Prosperity and Economic Inclusion
- Health, Well-Being and a Welcoming City
- Climate Leadership and Environmental Stewardship
- Sustainable Transportation
- Strong, Liveable Neighbourhoods
Council has endorsed the following goal statement for the four-year Strategic Plan:
“By 2022, Victoria will be a bold, thriving, inclusive and happy city that people love. We will be known globally for our climate leadership practices, multi-modal transportation options, innovative approaches to affordable housing, and for meaningful reconciliation with the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations on whose homelands our city was built.”