Your City Budget
The City's annual budget looks to adapt to change and balance competing priorities, while continuing to provide high-quality services our citizens have come to expect.
Every year, Council sets service levels and allocates funding to:
- deliver the City’s 200+ programs and services
- invest in infrastructure upgrades
- achieve the actions in the City’s Strategic Plan
Draft 2020 Financial Plan
The Draft 2020 Financial Plan was introduced to City Council at the October 17, 2019 Committee of the Whole meeting. View the report.
The proposed 2020 budget allots $258.7 million for operating expenses and $42.1 million for capital expenses.
City staff presented departmental budgets at four Special Council Meetings on October 21 and 31, and November 4 and 15. Watch the archived meetings here.
- Read what's proposed in the Draft 2020 Financial Plan.
- Only have time for a quick read? Check out the Budget Summary or the Budget at a Glance.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the Draft 2020 Budget! Your input will be presented in a report to City Council for consideration at the Committee of the Whole meeting on December 5, 2019. Mark you calendar to watch the live webcast.
Your Budget. We're Listening.
The community was invited to provide feedback on the Draft 2020 Budget by way of the following:
The online survey is now closed.
2020 Budget Town Hall and E-Town Hall
Thanks to all those who were able to participate in person and online in our interactive Budget Town Hall/E-Town Hall on Thursday, November 21 at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall. The community had the opportunity to provide feedback on the Draft 2020 Budget in person, via Facebook and Twitter, an online form and by telephone -- in advance and during the event. Watch the archived webcast.
Budget Town Hall Youth Night
The City of Victoria Youth Council would like to thank all of the youth who came out to participate in the Budget Town Hall Youth Night on Thursday, November 21 from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Quadra Village Community Centre. All questions generated by youth during the event will be shared with Council.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Feedback on the Draft 2020 Budget" in the subject line. Note: All email feedback received by midnight on Sunday, November 24 will be included in the engagement package to Council for the December 5, 2019 Committee of the Whole meeting.
What Your City Budget Means to You
Check out this video to see how your City budget benefits you and your family.
Go to Top