Ways to Pay
We are pleased to provide a variety of secure and convenient methods to pay.
- Pre-authorized withdrawal for utility billing and property taxes. The pre-authorized withdrawal program makes budgeting easier and helps you avoid the risk of a penalty.
- Online Payments: Visa, Mastercard, or American Express are accepted for utility bills, dog licences, business licences or parking tickets.
- In person at the Public Service Centre in City Hall, 1 Centennial Square, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., or drop box after hours located at the Pandora Street entrance.
- By Mail with remittance, allow five business days for payment to reach us. Make cheques payable to "City of Victoria", cheques may be post dated to due date
- Online Banking: You can pay your property taxes, business licences or utility bill through most financial institution’s online banking service. To obtain access to online banking services, please contact your financial institution. Once you have access, add the City as a Bill Payee for your respective bill. Search for ‘Victoria (BC) City Property Tax’, ‘Victoria (BC) City Utilities’ or ‘Victoria (BC) City Business Licence’. The exact format may differ at each financial institution.
The security of all online transactions is very important to the City of Victoria. As such, we have updated our encryption protocols, as per industry standards, to ensure secure online transactions for citizens. As a result, some older or un-patched operating systems or browsers may no longer be able to access online payments.
You can access your utility, property tax, and business licence account information online 24 hours a day through MyCity Online.