Victoria West Neighbourhood Plan
Honouring the past, shaping the present, and investing in the future – it’s your community!
Your Neighbourhood Plan
The new Victoria West Neighbourhood plan was adopted by Council on May 10, 2018. A big thank you to everyone who has been involved!
Read the new Victoria West Neighbourhood Plan here.
Neighbourhood Plan Update ~ May 2018
Read the proposed Vic West Neighbourhood Plan here (Updated May 7, 2018)
You’re invited to the Public Hearing on the proposed Vic West Neighbourhood Plan and associated Official Community Plan Amendments!
When: Thursday, May 10, meeting starts at 6:30 p.m.** See the agenda package, including the proposed plan and OCP Amendments, here (item F.3.)
Where: Victoria City Hall, 1 Centennial Square
**The public hearing date is subject to change. Please visit the Public Notices webpage to confirm one week in advance.
Let Council know what you like about the neighbourhood plan, how it fits your vision for the future of Vic West, and any outstanding concerns that you have.
There are three ways to give your feedback:
- Attending in person
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dropping off written feedback at Victoria City Hall, 1 Centennial Square
Neighbourhood Plan Update ~ April 2018
Thank you for your feedback on the proposed Neighbourhood Plan.
Council gave first and second reading to the proposed Vic West Neighbourhood Plan and associated Official Community Plan amendments on Thursday, April 26. Read the staff report here.
In January and February 2018, many people reviewed and provided input on the revised draft Vic West Plan. Based on this feedback, some changes have been made to the latest version of the proposed plan and the associated Official Community Plan amendments, including:
- New revisions to the Employment-Residential urban place designation
- Re-instatement of the Traditional Residential urban place designation for some properties on the south end of Mary Street and at Skinner and Russell Streets, with changes to support 3 storey buildings
- Revisions to the proposed development permit area boundaries and guidelines to further emphasize sensitive transitions
- Revisions to the development permit guidelines for townhouses
- More detail and clarity related to parks, transportation, waterfront access, food systems, Pioneer Co-op site, and new content related to population trends
See a summary of the proposed changes here.
View the table of changes here.
Official notice of the public hearing, along with an invitation for public comment in writing or in person will take place following 1st and 2nd reading. This will include an ad in the paper and notification through email lists and other networks. Email email@example.com to be added to the list for email updates.
Read the Engagement Summary (April 2018) of feedback on the Revisions and OCP Amendments
How did we get here?
May 2016 - Jan 2017: Early Plan Engagement (Phases 1 -3)
Aug - Sep 2017: Draft Plan Engagement
Jan - Feb 2018: Engagement on Revisions and OCP Amendments
Tell me more about
Go to Top