Located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island on the homelands of the Songhees and Esquimalt People, Victoria is a forward-thinking, active community.
The city is home to a dynamic, thriving economy and vibrant arts and culture scene, with an unparalleled natural environment enjoyed by residents and visitors. It’s a place where sustainability, health and well-being are the cornerstones of creating a prosperous and inclusive future.
For visitor information or to plan a trip to Victoria, please visit Tourism Victoria.
Victoria has a wealth of natural and man-made riches, including stunning heritage architecture, ocean views and mountain vistas. It is this rare juxtaposition of heritage charm, scenic backdrop and modern city-scape that makes Victoria one of the most uniquely special places in Canada. Millions visit our city every year and enjoy the natural beauty, temperate climate and heritage charm Victoria offers its citizens every day.
Victoria at a glance:
- Population: 94,000
- Serves as the metropolitan core for the Greater Victoria region
- Capital City of British Columbia
- Incorporated on August 2, 1862
- Nearly 4 million visitors annually to Greater Victoria*
- Over 2,100 hours of sunshine each year
- 1,350 signature hanging baskets displayed each summer
*source: Tourism VictoriaGo to Top