The City of Victoria Archives regularly displays photographs from its holdings in the main floor hallway of City Hall. Below is a digital version of the current display "Be Prepared!" which was put together to draw attention to Emergency Preparedness Week (May 3-9, 2015). This national event is held annually during the first full week of May.
The images on display are reproductions of posters and booklets that promoted emergency preparedness during the Cold War era of the 1950s and 1960s. This material is held by the City of Victoria Archives and forms part of City Records Series 187 - Victoria Emergency Program records. For more information, please see the printable PDF brochure [PDF - 1.1 MB] which accompanies the display.
- Will it happen here? [195-]
- Your basement fallout shelter, 1961
- Disasters occur in peacetime too, [195-]
- Basic rescue skills, [196-]
- Fallout on the farm, 1961
- Welfare tips for survival, 1961
- Civil defence depends on you, [195-]
- Emergency feeding in civil defence, [196-]
- Survival in likely target areas, [196-]
- Civil defence is necessary, [195-]