In response to COVID-19, Council directed staff to undertake a second round of Strategic Plan grants of up to $250,000 with an exclusive focus on recovery projects related to COVID-19. This one time-limited grant program is specifically designed to ignite and nurture community based COVID-19 recovery work as well act as a new catalyst to kick-start our city's resurgence.
Is my organization eligible?
- Registered non-profit organization in good standing in the Province of BC or registered charitable organization in good standing with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Organization resides within the Capital Regional District and the services and activities benefit residents of the City of Victoria
- Complement or extend the reach of the City services
- Evidence of clear mandate and competent administration
- Evidence of ongoing, active volunteer involvement
- Not in arrears with the City of Victoria
- Not in bankruptcy or seeking creditor protection
- Projects or programs must be substantially completed by August 31, 2021
- Monitoring and reporting requirements
The following activities and costs are ineligible for grant funding:
- Commercial activities and related costs
- Religious activities and related costs
- Land purchase and land improvements
- Activities and costs that are the responsibility of other governments
- Costs not directly associated with approved project, program or service
- Fundraising costs for the operations of the organization
- Travel costs
- Conference, workshop, training or professional development costs
- Deficit or debt repayment
- Re-investment of unused grant revenue by funded organization
- Impact to public space
- Capital requests
You might want to consider the following questions when developing your COVID-19 Relief Project:
- How will your action protect people and ensure that our city can come back from COVID-19 stronger than before?
- How does your action revive a business, organization, service or other local program, based in the city, that was affected by COVID-19?
- How was the business, organization, service, or other local program for which you are creating a remedy affected by COVID-19?
- How will your action complement on a local level, the COVID-19 recovery priorities set out by the provincial government?
- What specific benefits to community accrue from you action?
How to apply:
Fill out the new COVID-19 Strategic Grant Application Form and submit it along with proof your organization is a registered society or charity in good standing to email@example.com before July 15, 2020.