Cultural Infrastructure Grant
Non-profit organizations can apply for up to $25,000 to improve cultural spaces in Victoria.
The City of Victoria has allocated $125,000 in funding to support Victoria-based, non-profit arts and cultural organizations in 2021. Funding will help increase Victoria’s supply of cultural spaces and improve existing facilities so residents and visitors can continue to experience more art, more often, in safe, accessible spaces.
Non-profit organizations can apply for up to $25,000 for physical infrastructure upgrades, equipment and land purchase or up to $10,000 for a planning or feasibility study to help build organizational capacity in areas including business development, real-estate development, facilities planning and architecture.
Artists are encouraged to collaborate and share non-profit art facilities and resources. Applicants can submit either individual or joint applications for one type of funding only.
Interested organizations are invited to attend an online information session on April 22, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. To register, please email email@example.com.
- Be registered as a non-profit society, non-profit cooperative, charitable organization, Songhees and Esquimalt First Nation Council, or a registered Urban Indigenous non-profit society, with an independent and active volunteer Board of Directors;
- Have a clear arts and culture focus as part of the organization’s vision and mandate;
- Operate infrastructure located within the City of Victoria;
- Be a registered organization for at least one fiscal year prior to application;
- Operate a cultural space with a minimum lease of 18 months tenancy from the time of application (applies to physical infrastructure upgrades or (re)development projects only). The aim of the grant is to support long-term arts and culture space -- exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Review the program guidelines to confirm eligibility
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project and receive an application form
- If required, submit a draft application form for feedback at least 3 weeks prior to the deadline
- Submit completed application package along with all required documentation by the deadline
The deadline for submissions is Monday, May 31, 2021 by 4:00 p.m. PST.
Completed application forms and all attachments must be emailed to email@example.com before the deadline. Please keep individual files to less than 3MB. Acceptable file formats include .PDF,.Doc(x), .JPG, .PNG and .Xls. Applicants will be informed of funding decisions in July 2021.
Go to Top