Official Community Plan
An Official Community Plan is a 30 year plan that provides direction for growth and change in a community.
City Council, staff, and citizens refer to the plan for guidance on decisions such as where to locate housing and businesses, transportation priorities, and how the community will respond to climate change.
Victoria's Official Community Plan (OCP) was adopted by Council in 2012 after two and a half years of public consultation with more than 6,000 people. The City's previous plan was last updated in 1995.
Victoria's OCP focuses on vibrant, walkable villages and town centres while maintaining the downtown core as the heart of the region. It recognizes the unique neighbourhood character and sense of place of different parts of the city and emphasizes sustainable transportation such as walking, cycling, and transit.
The Official Community Plan has an implementation strategy and an annual review to track progress towards achieving the OCP's vision.
Official Community Plan
Official Community Plan by Section
- Table of Contents [PDF - 45 KB]
- Section 1: Plan Overview [PDF - 1.2 MB
- Section 2: Purpose, Scope, and Linkages [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- Section 3: Vision, Values, and Goals [PDF - 205 KB]
- Section 4: Context and Challenges [PDF - 1.2 MB]
- Section 5: Regional Context Statement [PDF - 92 KB]
- Section 6: Land Management and Development [PDF - 827 KB]
- Section 7: Transportation and Mobility [PDF - 6.2 MB]
- Section 8: Placemaking [PDF - 5.8 MB]
- Section 9: Parks and Recreation [PDF - 329 KB]
- Section 10: Environment [PDF - 2.1 MB]
- Section 11: Infrastructure [PDF - 4.9 MB]
- Section 12: Climate Change and Energy [PDF - 973 KB]
- Section 13: Housing and Homelessness [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- Section 14: Economy [PDF - 439 KB]
- Section 15: Community Well-Being [PDF - 362 KB]
- Section 16: Arts and Culture [PDF - 827 KB]
- Section 17: Food Systems [PDF - 422 KB]
- Section 18: Emergency Management [PDF - 1 MB]
- Section 19: Plan Administration [PDF - 256 KB]
- Section 20: Local Area Planning [PDF - 400 KB]
- Section 21: Neighbourhood Directions [PDF - 7 MB]
- Section 22: Adaptive Management [PDF - 361 KB]
- Section 23: Monitoring and Evaluation [PDF - 322 KB]
- A. Development Permit Areas and Heritage Conservation Areas [PDF - 25 MB]
- B. Glossary of Terms [PDF - 61 KB] [PDF - 66 KB]