Festival Investment Grants
The Festival Investment Grant is intended to nurture outdoor festivals and celebrations held within the City of Victoria, facilitate their growth and ensure their continued success.
Applicants must be submitted by email to email@example.com by Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Late applications, or applications submitted in person will not be accepted.
Learn more at the Festival and Investment Grants Information Session on Thursday, October 18, 2018 from noon - 1 p.m. at Victoria City Hall. Join festival and events funders for coffee, treats and 30 minutes of program overviews followed by a general Q&A and an informal meet and mingle. Most of the grant administrators will be available until 1:30pm for informal discussions.
Participating agencies will include:
• City of Victoria (host)
• Capital Regional District Arts Development Service (CRD)
• Province of BC Francophone Affairs Program
• Tourism Victoria
• Greater Victoria Harbour Authority
• BC Arts Council
• BC Gaming
City staff will be available to advise on City-venue specific inquiries as well as offer overviews of programs delivered by senior government agencies not listed above. The session is FREE. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we make sure to look at grant applications both qualitatively as well as quantitatively, budgets are still one of the most important aspects of the application as they allow us to track progress and changes year to year, as well as enable us to see how your dollars are being spent in our community. As such, we need budgets submitted in a specific manner.
Please make sure:
- Budgets are submitted using the templates provided
- In-kind sponsorships are clearly identified as in-kind
- In-kind sponsorships are shown in revenues AND expenditures
- Blended sponsorships are broken out to show the in-kind versus cash portion
A budget that does not conform to the points above will be rejected.
Below is an example of how to correctly identify in-kind revenues and expenditures. Note that the in-kind sponsorships on the revenues side are identical to the in-kind on the expenditures side. Additionally, West Coast Bakery's in-kind sponsorship of $500 is a separate line item from their $250 cash donation.
Documents and Forms
- Festival Investment Grant Policy Guidelines [PDF - 118 KB]
- Application Form [PDF - 327 KB]
- Application Budget - Event Revenue [PDF - 13 KB]
- Application Budget - Event Expenditures [PDF - 14 KB]
- Deadline for receipt of application October 31, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
- Review and jury November - December 2018
- Staff recommendations presented to council December 2018/January 2019
- Grant awards announced January
- Initial cheques cut July
- Second cheques cut Upon receipt of final report
- Final report due October 31 at 4:30 p.m.
For More Information
Please email email@example.com