Festivals & Festival Investment Grants
High quality festivals and celebrations contribute to a community's well-being and economic health.
Planning a festival in the City of Victoria? Read on to learn more about the City's Festival Investment Grants.
Festival Investment Grants
The Festival Investment Grant is intended to nurture outdoor festivals and celebrations held within the City of Victoria, facilitate their growth and ensure their continued success.
Applicants must be submitted by email to email@example.com by Wednesday, October 31 at 4:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Late applications, or applications submitted in person will not be accepted.
Accurate, realistic and detailed budgeting is critical for the long and short term success of festivals and events. Careful completion of the revenue and expenditure sheets will help determine your event's cultural investment in the community and highlight annual changes to your festival. It is critical that applicants ensure the following specific details are adhered to:
- Budgets are submitted using the templates provided
- In-kind sponsorships are clearly identified as in-kind
- In-kind sponsorships are shown in revenues AND expenditures in equal measure
- Blended sponsorships if in-kind and cash contributions must be reflected separately
A budget that does not conform to the above format will not be reviewed.
Below are examples of how to correctly identify in-kind revenues and expenditures. Note that the in-kind sponsorships on the revenues side are identical to the in-kind on the expenditures side. Additionally, West Coast Bakery's in-kind sponsorship of $500 is a separate line item from their $250 cash donation.
Documents and Forms
- Festival Investment Grant Policy Guidelines [PDF - 118 KB]
- Application Form [PDF - 327 KB]
- FIG Budget Template.xls [XLS - 47 KB]
- FIG Application Budgets - Expenditures Example.pdf [PDF - 25 KB]
- FIG Application Budgets - Revenues Example.pdf [PDF - 29 KB]
- Deadline for receipt of application October 31 at 4:30 p.m.
- Review November - December
- Staff recommendations presented to council December/January
- Grant awards announced January
- Initial cheques cut July
- Second cheques cut Upon receipt of final report
- Final report due October 31 at 4:30 p.m.