Festivals & Festival Investment Grants
High quality festivals and celebrations contribute to a community's well-being and economic health.
Planning a festival in the City of Victoria? Read on to learn more about the City's Festival Investment Grants.
COVID-19 Resources and Information
The Arts, Culture and Events Team has compiled information and put together a list of resources to help connect local artists and organizations with the support they need. For more information, click here.
Festival Investment Grants
The Festival Investment Grant is intended to nurture outdoor festivals and celebrations held within the City of Victoria, facilitate their growth and ensure their continued success.
We are currently updating our submission process for the 2022 intake year. Please standby for further updates shortly.
If you have any questions, please be in touch with Andrea Walker Collins (Arts, Culture and Events Liaison), email@example.com.
Accurate, realistic and detailed budgeting is critical for the long and short term success of festivals and events. Careful completion of the revenue and expenditure sheets will help determine your event's cultural investment in the community and highlight annual changes to your festival. It is critical that applicants ensure the following specific details are adhered to:
- Budgets are submitted using the templates provided
- In-kind sponsorships are clearly identified as in-kind
- In-kind sponsorships are shown in revenues AND expenditures in equal measure
- Blended sponsorships if in-kind and cash contributions must be reflected separately
A budget that does not conform to the above format will not be reviewed.
Below are examples of how to correctly identify in-kind revenues and expenditures. Note that the in-kind sponsorships on the revenues side are identical to the in-kind on the expenditures side. Additionally, West Coast Bakery's in-kind sponsorship of $500 is a separate line item from their $250 cash donation.
Documents and Forms
- Deadline for receipt of application Dec 31, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
- Review January - February
- Staff recommendations and awards March - April
- Initial cheques cut July 1
- 20% holdback cheques released Upon receipt of final report
- Final report due Dec 31, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.