The design of Victoria’s new aquatic and wellness centre to replace the Crystal Pool is built on three phases of public and stakeholder engagement – the Feasibility Study (2016), Conceptual Design Refinement (2017) and Schematic Design (2018).
In total more than 4,400 people have participated in all three phases of engagement, which included Open Houses, surveys, stakeholder meetings, sounding boards at Crystal Pool and pop-up engagement at community events.
Here is a summary of our engagement to date.
Public and Stakeholder Engagement
- Schematic Design Public Engagement 2: May 15 – July 3, 2018
- Schematic Design Stakeholder Engagement April 1 – June 15, 2018
- Schematic Design Public Engagement 1: February – April 2018
- Geotechnical Work: July 23 - August 1, Crystal Pool and Wellness Centre Replacement Project
- Committee of the Whole, March 15, 2018
- Committee of the Whole, December 7, 2017
- Committee of the Whole, August 10, 2017
- Committee of the Whole, June 22, 2017
- Committee of the Whole, February 16, 2017
- Committee of the Whole, December 1, 2016
Project Feasibility Study
The purpose of this Crystal Pool and Fitness Centre Feasibility Study was to assist the City of Victoria with determining a course for future investment in recreation services as they relate to this facility. In October 2016, City Staff presented the ﬁndings of the Feasibility Study Draft Report to Council Committee of the Whole for consideration. The outcome was unanimous council support to recommend the development of a new facility to replace the aging existing facility.
Parking Study Documents
Recreation Centre Proposed Parking Plan
Pembroke, 800 Block, Proposed Parking Plan
Pembroke, 900 Block, Proposed Parking Plan
Pembroke, 1000 Block, Proposed Parking Plan
Queens Ave., 900 Block, Proposed Parking Plan
This page will be updated as the project progresses.