Garbage Bin Selection
You can pick the size of your Grey Bin for garbage, based upon the amount of waste you produce.
You can request to have the size of your grey bin for garbage changed.
Grey Bin Sizes
Rates effective January 1, 2020
- Standard 120 L: This will be a good fit for most households in Victoria. Your annual cost will be $228.90.
- Small 80 L: If you are an avid recycler and currently have a very small amount of garbage, this is a good option for you. Your annual collection cost will be $199.89, a cost savings of $29.01 when compared to the standard 120L grey bin option.
- Large 180 L: If you have a large family or often need extra bags of garbage to be picked up, this will be the best size for you. Your annual collection cost will be $272.43, $43.53 more than the standard 120L grey bin option.
To view garbage bin dimentions visit our Frequently Asked Questions page
Things to Consider:
- Pick up is every two weeks
- Holiday Pick-up: Please remember when a collection day falls on a statutory holiday, the two week period could stretch to 16 or 17 days.
Click here to access the Grey Bin Change Request Form. When you have filled in the appropriate information, you can then click 'send' on the upper right corner and the complete form will be sent to Utility Billing. You can also print this form and drop it off at City Hall or email it to email@example.com.
Bin Replacement Fee: If you want to change the size of your Grey Bin, there will be a $30 fee to cover the replacement cost and delivery of the new bin.
Please call 250.361.0226 if you have any further questions about changing the size of your Grey Bin.
Reporting a Damaged Bin
If you would like to report a damaged bin, please complete a damage bin report form [PDF - 454 KB], and submit by pressing the send button on the upper right hand corner. If you have a kitchen scraps and garbage account with more than four residential units or if you have additional questions, please call 250.361.0226.