Information for Developers and Property Owners
Property owners will be asked to submit a Tenant Assistance Plan with any rezoning application involving the displacement of tenants.
Your Tenant Assistance Plan can be submitted at the same time you submit your rezoning application.
Housing staff will review your Tenant Assistance Plan and provide guidance and feedback to support alignment with the City’s Tenant Assistance Policy, including any recommendations for supporting any Tenants requiring additional assistance. A summary of your Tenant Assistance Plan will be included with the staff report to Committee of the Whole (Council) for the rezoning application.
All necessary documents, including template letters and reports, can be found below. Please note that in July 2020, the Tenant Assistance Package was updated to make the documents more user friendly. There have been no changes to the Tenant Assistance Policy itself.
Download the Tenant Assistance Policy and supporting documents here:
Tenant Assistance Package [PDF - 1 MB] (all documents)
- Instructions for Applicant [PDF - 410 KB]
- Tenant Assistance Policy [PDF - 294 KB]
- Tenant Assistance Plan [PDF - 645 KB]
- Request for Tenant Assistance Form [PDF - 339 KB]
- Sample Letter to Tenants [DOCX - 25 KB]
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Rental Resources [PDF - 47 KB]
- Final Tenant Assistance Report [DOCX - 59 KB]
If you are successful in your rezoning application, you will be asked to demonstrate your completion of all steps in the Tenant Assistance Plan by submitting a Final Tenant Assistance Report to the City ahead of building occupancy.Go to Top