The page contains historical information about the Fairfield and Gonzales Neighbourhood Planning processes.
Fairfield is one of Victoria's oldest neighbourhoods and is the largest neighbourhood in Victoria in terms of size and population, representing 15% of the City's population.
Read the Fairfield Profile [PDF - 29.4 MB]
Gonzales is an established neighbourhood of approximately 4,000 residents, representing 5% of the City's population.
Read the Gonzales Profile [PDF - 4 MB] (Corrected March 2019 - pg 18 & 19)
Official Community Plan
The neighbourhood plan is a companion document to the Official Community Plan, a guidebook for growth and change in the City. It focuses on vibrant, walkable villages and honouring the unique neighbourhood character and sense of place of different parts of the City.
- Fairfield Gonzales Project Plan
- Fairfield Neighbourhood Directions
- Suburban Nieghbourhood Plan (Fairfield)
- Cook Street Village Guidelines
- Gonzales Neighbourhood Community Plan, 2002
- Gonzales Neighbourhood Directions
Technical Studies and Background Information
- Colliers Fairfield and Gonzales Retail Analysis January 2017 [PDF - 1 MB]
- Coriolis Density Bonus and Affordable Housing April 2016 [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- Coriolis City of Victoria Density Bonus Policy Study March 2015 [PDF - 1.4 MB]
- Urban Futures Managing Growth and Change in Victoria 2009 [PDF - 1.7 MB]
- Coriolis Financial Analysis for Potential Urban Redevelopment Opportunities
- Coriolis Financial Analysis for Townhouse Redevelopment Opportunities (Memo)
- Housing Affordability and the Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan
- Urban Place Designations and Zoning
- Neighbourhood Growth, Development and Amenity Contributions
Go to Top