We are committed to improving customer service and making parking easier for residents, businesses and visitors.
The City has put into place a reduced parking fee structure to help support people that still need to come downtown to park. Rates in City parkades will be reduced to a maximum of $5 per day and on-street parking rates will be $1 per hour with no time limits except for 30-minute zones. This fee structure will remain in place for the duration of the provincial state of emergency.
Below is a summary of the parking fee changes:
- $1 per hour everywhere and no time limits
- These zones will be fully enforced by parking ambassadors
Time limited zones
- At this time, the City is not enforcing the time limits, except for the 30 minute zones and safety related issues
Parkades and off-street lots
- Fees have been reduced to $1 per hour and max $5 per day
- In parkades, monthly options are available at $85 per month
- No change to existing rules
The City of Victoria operates five parkades, three surface parking lots, and has nearly 2,000 on-street parking spaces downtown. We also oversee residential parking zones.
For flexibility and choice, there are on-street parking zones with variable rates and time limits. At City parkades, the first hour is always free, with free evening parking and free parking on Sundays and holidays.
Parking Downtown - What You Need to Know
Check out our helpful Parking Fact Sheet and Map to learn about parking downtown.
NEW: Commercial Loading Zone Permit Program
At the end of the year, the provincial government is ending its permit program that allowed commercial vehicles to load and unload at downtown commercial loading zones. The City is introducing a new Commercial Loading Zone Permit program beginning on January 1, 2020. Learn more.
- Pay parking at on-street meters is in effect daily from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday on-street parking has a four-hour time limit, with a fee of $2 per hour in a 90-minute zone and $1 per hour in other areas of downtown. View the Parking Fact Sheet & Map for details.
- On-street parking continues to be FREE from 6 p.m. – 9 a.m. and all day on holidays.
- Parking at the City’s five parkades continues to be FREE after 6 p.m., all day Sundays and holidays, with the first hour always free.
- Monday - Saturday from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., on-street parking zones range from $1.50 to $3 per hour with 90-minute to 24-hour time limits.
- Payment can be made by coin, credit card, the ParkVictoria app, or the City Parking Card at an on-street pay station within your zone
- For Sunday rates and time limit when parked at single-head meters, please pay with the ParkVictoria app or at a pay station.
Note: Non-metered on-street parking zones will remain the same on Sundays.
Our ParkVictoria app makes paying for on-street parking easier. You can pay for on-street parking using your iPhone, iPad, Android smart phone or tablet by downloading the free ParkVictoria app from the App Store or Google Play. There is no need to use a parking pay station. Learn more.
At the City's five parkades, the first hour is always free, with free evening parking Monday - Saturday from 6 p.m. - 8 a.m., and free parking all day Sunday and holidays.
We offer electric vehicle charging stations, enclosed bicycle parking, as well as motorcycle parking at four of our parkades. Parking is billed in 15-minute increments and payment can be made by cash or credit card at the gate or at "pay on foot" pay stations in the parkade. Learn more.
City Surface Parking Lots
The City operates three surface parking lots: Royal Athletic Park lot, Wharf Street lot, and Royal Theatre lot. Daily and monthly parking rate changes took effect on May 1, 2017.
DID YOU KNOW: The Royal Athletic Park and Wharf Street lots are now pay-by-space parking. Avoid the line and pay with the free ParkVictoria app! Learn more.
Downtown Parking Map
View a parking map of City-run and privately-owned parking developed by the Downtown Victoria Business Association.
Taxi Hydrant Zones
Taxi drivers are able to wait for fares at nine identified taxi hydrant zones as long as they remain in their vehicle and relocate immediately upon the approach or arrival of an emergency vehicle. Learn more.
Scheduled Elevator Maintenance
Scheduled elevator maintenance takes place at City parkades the third week of each month, except in December. View the elevator maintenance schedule.
SafeWalk Phone Number
Call 250.686.3715 to arrange for a security guard to meet you at a specific City parkade and accompany you to your vehicle. You can also request this service of a security guard in person at any City parkade. Learn more.
Residential Parking Zones
Residential parking zones are in place to ensure that Victoria residents have access to on-street parking on their block. These zones are signed as “Residential Parking Only”. Only residents and their visitors or contractors working on the residence that fronts the residential parking zone may park there. Parking tickets are issued on a complaint basis.
To park in a residential parking zone, a resident is required to have their vehicle licence plate number on file with City of Victoria Parking Services. Learn more.
Parking for People with Disabilities
Learn about downtown parking for people with disabilities.
Contact the City:
If you come across a problem in your neighbourhood, we encourage you to report the issue to the City:
For parking related infractions, please contact 250.361.0260 or email email@example.com
For streets and traffic related infractions, please contact 250.361.0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For city bylaw infractions, please contact 250.361.0215 or email email@example.com
If you are unsure of the infraction, please call 250.385.5711 and a customer service centre representative will help direct your call to the appropriate department
Streets and Traffic Bylaw
Learn more about the City's Streets and Traffic Bylaw [PDF - 617 KB].