If you disagree with the outcome of the City’s parking ticket review, you can proceed to adjudication by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Adjudication involves a secondary review of your parking ticket at a scheduled hearing at City Hall by a City of Victoria representative and an independent adjudicator who is assigned by the Province of British Columbia.
Presenting your Evidence
You may present your evidence at the scheduled hearing in a number of ways:
- In person at Victoria City Hall, 1 Centennial Square, Victoria, BC, V8W 1P6
- By phone during your scheduled phone hearing
- By a third party if you are unable to attend a hearing, you may have someone else attend the hearing on your behalf.
The City of Victoria will present evidence at your parking ticket adjudication hearing which will include a copy of the ticket, officer notes (if applicable), bylaw infraction number and an excerpt from the Streets and Traffic Bylaw, any photos taken by the Parking Ambassador, and the request for a parking ticket review including email or letter correspondence.
You can request this information be provided to you before your hearing date by emailing email@example.com
- The adjudicator has no authority to reduce the ticket amount
- There will be an additional $25 fee in the event the ticket is deemed valid. The ticket will also be due at the full non-discounted price.
- The adjudicator only makes decisions as to whether or not there has been a violation of the City of Victoria Streets and Traffic Bylaw, as reported on the infraction notice. Personal circumstances are not considered.
- Hearings are open to the public and take place at Victoria City Hall
Paid tickets and tickets in active collections are deemed valid and cannot proceed with the adjudication process.
Scheduling and Response Time
An adjudication hearing takes approximately 15 - 30 minutes. The registered owner of the vehicle will be contacted with the next available hearing date at least 14 calendar days in advance. If you are unable to attend the hearing, or unable to be contacted via the means you requested, the parking ticket will be deemed valid.
For More Information
City of Victoria Parking Services
Email Parking Services