The City of Victoria operates five parkades downtown which are open 24/7 and offer more than 1,800 parking spaces.
The City's five parkades were built to provide parking for shoppers and visitors. While some commuters can be accommodated, City parkades do not have the capacity to host all downtown commuters and are primarily for short-term use.
City Parkade Rates:
Monday - Saturday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., payable in 15-minute increments:
- First Hour Free
- Second and Third Hour is $2 per hour
- Fourth Hour and up is $3 per hour
- Vehicle Day Rate $16 (except at Bastion Square Parkade $17.50)
- Motorcycle Day Rate $4 (Note: Motorcycle parking is available at all City parkades except Johnson Street Parkade.)
- Lost ticket is charged the day rate
Free Evenings 6 p.m. - 8 a.m.
Free Sundays and Holidays
Payment can be made by cash or credit card. No debit.
Where are the City's five parkades?
View the Parking Fact Sheet [PDF - 166 KB] to see the location of the City's five parkades:
- Bastion Square Parkade - 575 Yates Street (361 parking spaces)
- Broughton Street Parkade - 745 Broughton Street (below the Central Library, 544 parking spaces)
- Centennial Square Parkade - 645 Fisgard Street (188 parking spaces)
- Johnson Street Parkade - 750 Johnson Street (232 parking spaces)
- View Street Parkade - 743 View Street (531 parking spaces) *
* One of the two elevators at View Street Parkade is temporarily out-of-service due to repairs. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Did You Know?
- Lower levels of City parkades are signed as three-hour maximum parking Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- There are a range of payment options.
- You need your entry ticket to exit a parkade, even when parking is free.
- The SafeWalk service provides you with the option of calling 250.686.3715 to arrange for a parkade security guard to meet and accompany you to your vehicle.
- Parkades are open 24/7, provide on-site security and are conveniently located within two blocks of all downtown attractions.
- There are 2 - 4 electric vehicle parking stations per parkade. Regular parkade rates apply.
- Electric bike charging stations and free covered bicycle parking are available in City parkades.
- LED parking space counters are installed outside of View Street, Johnson Street, Centennial and Bastion Square Parkades, with a space counter planned for the Broughton Street Parkade (under the Central Library) in 2019.
Scheduled Elevator Maintenance at City Parkades
Scheduled elevator maintenance takes place at City parkades the third week of each month, except in December:
- Centennial Square Parkade – Tuesday, February 19 from 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Johnson Street Parkade – Wednesday, February 20 from 9 a.m. – noon
- Bastion Square Parkade – Thursday, February 21 from 9 a.m. – noon
- View Street Parkade – Thursday, February 21 from 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Find Parking Downtown with VicMap
This interactive mapping system enables you to view maps that illustrate the location of City parkades and pay stations, metered and non-metered parking spaces, the City's four surface parking lots, neighbourhood parking, as well as electric vehicle charging stations and bike parking. You can also create your own maps. View the Interactive Parking Map.
How to Use - Once you have the map open, to make it interactive, click on the red icon "I want to" at the top left corner of the screen. Select from the pull-down menu "Turn map data on/off", then click on "Show Legend" at the bottom left corner of the screen.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Did you know that eight electric vehicle charging stations are available at the following City parkades?
- Bastion Square Parkade (one station)
- Broughton Street Parkade (three stations)
- Centennial Square Parkade (one station)
- Johnson Street Parkade (one station)
- View Street Parkade (two stations)
Regular parking fees apply. There is no additional fee to use the charging stations.
How to Use - To use an electric vehicle charging station, please request an activation card from the parkade attendant, drive your vehicle to the designated parking spot and plug in. The charging stations enable you to recharge an electric car battery for a maximum of three hours. Learn more.
All City parkades also offer electric bike charging stations and free covered parking for bicycles
Monthly Parkade Rates
Note: We are not accepting names for the wait lists below at this time.
Monthly parkade rates for vehicles are as follows. GST is applicable.
|Centennial Square Parkade (645 Fisgard Street)||Wait list - $165|
|Johnson Street Parkade (750 Johnson Street)||Wait list - $185|
|Bastion Square Parkade (575 Yates Street)||Wait list - $220|
|View Street Parkade (743 View Street)||Wait list - $220|
|Broughton Street Parkade (745 Broughton)||Wait list - $220|
Click here for information about motorcycle parking rates.Go to Top