The City of Victoria operates five parkades downtown which are open 24/7 and offer more than 1,800 parking spaces.
The City's five parkades were built to provide parking for shoppers and visitors. While some commuters can be accommodated, City parkades do not have the capacity to host all downtown commuters and are primarily for short-term use. The maximum height in all City parkades is 6 feet by 6 inches.
City Parkade Rates:
The City has established a reduced parking fee structure during COVID-19 to help support people who still need to come downtown to park. View the revised rates here
Monday - Saturday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., payable in 15-minute increments:
- First Hour Free (except in the Johson Street parkade)
- Second and Third Hour is $2 per hour
- Fourth Hour and up is $3 per hour
- Vehicle Day Rate $16 (except at Bastion Square Parkade $17.50)
- Motorcycle Day Rate $4 (Note: Motorcycle parking is available at all City parkades except Johnson Street Parkade.)
- Lost ticket is charged the day rate
Free Evenings 6 p.m. - 8 a.m.
Free Sundays and Holidays
Payment can be made by cash or credit card. No debit.
Johnson Street Parkade
Starting Tuesday September 8, Johnson Street parkade users will notice a service improvement as they will now pay by the space (like on-street parking) rather than taking a ticket and paying when they leave. New pay stations have been installed on each floor of the parkade and this new process allows people to use the ParkVictoria app in the Johnson Street parkade, which ensures parkade users only pay for the time they park.
The new parking pay structure at the Johnson Street parkade is part of a pilot program the city is undertaking to reduce wait times for people entering and exiting the parkade. As part of this pilot, the new pay by the space model (the same as on-street parking) means that payment is due as soon as a car is parked and the first hour is no longer free, however when regular parking rates are reinstated (the rates have been lowered due to COVID-19) rates will be adjusted down to accommodate. In addition, the trade off when using the ParkVictoria app is that you’re only charged for the time you park and the time is not rounded up to the next hour. As with any pilot project, staff will be monitoring the outcomes and making changes as required. All other city parkades remain unchanged.
Current parking rates are $1/hr with a $9/day rate charged from 8am to 6pm Monday through Saturday with Sundays and holidays remaining free at the Johnson Street parkade.
Where are the City's five parkades?
View the Parking Fact Sheet & Map to see the location of the City's five parkades:
- Bastion Square Parkade - 575 Yates Street (361 parking spaces)
- Broughton Street Parkade - 745 Broughton Street (below the Central Library, 544 parking spaces)
- Centennial Square Parkade - 645 Fisgard Street (188 parking spaces)
- Johnson Street Parkade - 750 Johnson Street (232 parking spaces)
- View Street Parkade - 743 View Street (531 parking spaces)
Please note: We are making improvements to the Centennial Square parkade. Work to replace the glass wall in the stairwell will take place in August and September 2020. The stairwell will remain open most of the time. In addition, the parkade will be closed for hydro upgrades on August 15/16. The elevator will be out of service on those dates and the public can still access vehicles through the parkade or the stairwell. Thanks for your patience.
Did You Know?
- Lower levels of City parkades are signed as three-hour maximum parking Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- There are a range of payment options.
- You need your entry ticket to exit a parkade, even when parking is free.
- The SafeWalk service provides you with the option of calling 250.686.3715 to arrange for a parkade security guard to meet and accompany you to your vehicle.
- Parkades are open 24/7, provide on-site security and are conveniently located within two blocks of all downtown attractions.
- There are 2 - 4 electric vehicle parking stations per parkade. Regular parkade rates apply.
- Electric bike charging stations and free covered bicycle parking are available in City parkades.
- LED parking space counters are installed outside of the City's five parkades to indicate space availability.
Scheduled Elevator Maintenance at City Parkades
Scheduled elevator maintenance takes place at City parkades the third week of each month, except in December.
Find Parking Downtown with VicMap
This interactive mapping system enables you to view maps that illustrate the location of City parkades and pay stations, metered and non-metered parking spaces, the City's four surface parking lots, neighbourhood parking, as well as electric vehicle charging stations and bike parking. You can also create your own maps. View the Interactive Parking Map.
How to Use - Once you have the map open, to make it interactive, click on the red icon "I want to" at the top left corner of the screen. Select from the pull-down menu "Turn map data on/off", then click on "Show Legend" at the bottom left corner of the screen.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Did you know that 13 Level 2 electric vehicle charging stations are available at the following City parkades?
- Bastion Square Parkade (two stations)
- Broughton Street Parkade (four stations)
- Centennial Square Parkade (two stations)
- Johnson Street Parkade (two stations)
- View Street Parkade (three stations)
Regular parking fees apply. There is no additional fee to use the charging stations.
How to Use
To use an electric vehicle charging station, please download the free FLO EV Charging Network app to your smartphone and follow the instructions.
You can also obtain a FLO access card by visiting the FLO website and following the “Getting Started” instructions.
The charging stations allow EV charging for a maximum of three hours. Note: Parking in EV designated spaces without vehicle charging is not permitted.
All City parkades also offer electric bike charging stations and free covered parking for bicycles
Monthly Parkade Rates
Note: We are not accepting names for the wait lists below at this time.
Monthly parkade rates for vehicles are as follows. GST is applicable.
Please note that rates will change as of June 1, 2019.
|Centennial Square Parkade
(645 Fisgard Street)
|Wait list - $165||As of June 1, 2019:
|Johnson Street Parkade
(750 Johnson Street)
|Wait list - $185||$200|
|Bastion Square Parkade
(575 Yates Street)
|Wait list - $220||$240|
|View Street Parkade
(743 View Street)
|Wait list - $220||$240|
|Broughton Street Parkade
|Wait list - $220||$240|
Click here for information about motorcycle parking rates.Go to Top