David Foster Harbour Pathway
The David Foster Harbour Pathway offers unparalleled views of Victoria’s spectacular Inner Harbour.
David Foster Harbour Pathway is more than just a waterfront route. It connects residents and visitors with key destinations in our city, from award-winning restaurants to marine-based tourism activities, and everything in between.
The Harbour Pathway celebrates our unique working harbour, giving us the opportunity to recognize Lekwungen First Nations history, enhance the natural marine habitat, and support social and economic wellbeing.
Once complete, the David Foster Harbour Pathway will extend over five kilometres from Rock Bay to Ogden Point. Special sites will be created along the pathway, increasing downtown public spaces, drawing people to the waterfront to gather with friends and family and take in the Capital City’s signature community celebrations.
We are making improvements to the pathway.
In 2017/2018 improvements will focus on establishing connections, improving accessibility and supporting the user-experience with the following projects:
- Construction of the Reeson Park Pathway connection
- Pedestrian-oriented Wayfinding & Signage
- Construction of the Johnson Street Bridge underpass connection
- Laurel Point Park Remediation Project
In addition, the City will be updating the long term plan and implementation strategy for the Pathway and developing a number of supporting policies.
In 2016, we invited urban designers, industrial designers, architects, landscape architects, contemporary artists and creative types to submit concepts for a temporary pop-up public space at Ship Point. To learn more about the process and the success design at Ship Point view here.
Thank you for your feedback!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the draft concepts for Heron Cove, Raymur Point and Reeson Park. We heard so many great ideas through the online survey and two open houses. Your feedback helped inform a set of updated concepts.
The City of Victoria is grateful for the generosity of our funding partners:
-Trans Canada Trail Foundation
-David Foster Foundation
- View the Harbour Pathway Master Plan here: Harbour Pathway Master Plan 2008_Part1 and Harbour Pathway Master Plan 2008_Part2
- View the previous concept plans for David Foster Harbour Pathway.
- Advancing Victoria's harbour pathway is identified in the City's Strategic Plan, and is supported by the Greenways Plan, Downtown Core Area Plan and Official Community Plan.