Cecelia Ravine Park
Cecelia Ravine Park is the largest park in the Burnside-Gorge neighbourhood. The park provides a variety of recreational opportunities, along with one of the largest natural areas in the City park system.
Cecelia Ravine Grand Opening, Saturday, June 8, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Join us in celebrating the expanded park and playground at Cecelia Ravine Park in the Burnside-Gorge neighbourhood
- Bring your friends and family for activities
- Come check out the new playground, fitness area, park amenities and green space.
- Join our recreation staff for family-friendly fun and games
- Refreshments will be provided: Hot dogs BBQ!
- Registration is not required
- Access off Cecelia Rd. and Washington Ave.
Cecelia Ravine Park Expansion
In 2016, the City of Victoria purchased new properties to add an additional 0.22 hectares (0.5 acres) of parkland to Cecelia Ravine Park. These new properties are located adjacent to Cecelia Road (west). Park improvements will include:
- A larger, more accessible playground;
- Community gathering areas, picnic facilities, and open green space;
- An improved outdoor fitness area;
- A small parking lot for vehicles;
- A small public washroom; and,
- An upgraded multi-use pathway at the end of Cecelia Road (west), making it easier for pedestrians and cyclists to access the rest of the park and the Galloping Goose Trail.
Construction began in July 2018, and is expected to be complete in Spring 2019.
Want to know what’s coming? Take a look at the final design plan here.
The Cecelia Ravine Improvement Plan was created with input from two phases of community engagement:
- Phase 1: Generate Ideas (July/August 2017): The first phase of community consultation collected feedback on possible improvements for the new park land.
- Phase 2: Draft Concept Plan (October 2017): The second phase of community consultation collected feedback on the draft concept plan for the new park land.
Read the engagement summary report here.
Informaiton on Cecelia Ravine
The area is home to Cecelia Creek and a migratory bird habitat, as well as the City’s award-winning Burnside Gorge Community Centre. Located between Burnside Road and the north side of the Selkirk Trestle, Cecelia Ravine Park is a gateway to the City of Victoria for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Bike skills park
- Multi-sport court (basketball, hockey, youth tennis, bike skills)
- Community garden (administered by the Burnside Gorge Community Association)
- Outdoor fitness areas
- Walking trails
- Natural areas
- Galloping Goose Regional Trail (operated by CRD Regional Parks)
The Cecelia Ravine Park Management Plan was created in 2011 and guides upgrades in Cecelia Ravine Park. A copy of the Cecelia Ravine Management Plan is available here.