Topaz Park is located in the Hillside Quadra neighbourhood between Topaz Avenue and Finlayson Street, along Blanshard Street. It is Victoria’s third largest park and includes a variety of sport and community features, including an artificial turf field and a sport box.
- Four sports fields – including one artificial turf field
- Sport box
- Dog leash-optional areas
- Natural areas
- Fitness equipment
To book a sports field, or find out a field's current condition, click here.
Topaz Park Improvement Plan
In 2017-2018, the City worked with the community to create an improvement plan for Topaz. This long-term plan will guide improvements to Topaz Park over the next 10 years, including renovating existing park infrastructure, adding new types of amenities, and updating the park to support broad community use. The Topaz Park Improvement Plan was approved by Council in June 2018.
- Improved sports fields and recreational facilities.
- A greater diversity of park activities, including a new skateboard park, bike skills park, pickleball courts, and tennis courts.
- A more cohesive, accessible, and family-friendly park layout.
- Engagement Summary
- Parking Impact Assessment
- Artificial Turf Feasibility Study
- Accessibility Baseline Study
Community Engagement Process
The Topaz Park Improvement Plan was created with input from three phases of community engagement:
- Phase 1: Generate Ideas (Spring 2017): The first phase of community consultation collected feedback on the existing park and ideas for future improvements. See Phase 1 feedback.
- Phase 2: Design Concepts (Winter 2017/18): The second phase of community consultation collected feedback on two different park improvement concepts. See Phase 2 feedback.
- Phase 3: Draft Plan (Spring 2018): The third phase of community consultation collected feedback on the draft Park Improvement Plan. See Phase 3 feedback.
Go to Top