Natural Area Management
The City has a number of important natural areas and habitats.
Natural areas in Victoria include what is left of the once-widespread Garry Oak ecosystem, as well as Cottonwood bog, Douglas Fir forest, Coastal Bluffs and riparian zones.
- Monitors the health of natural park areas and endangered species in the city
- Promotes awareness of conservation and environmental issues to municipal staff and the public
- Develops and present educational programs for staff and the public
- Works with community groups involved in invasive species removal, vegetation control, natural area management
- Prepares grant proposals and work with groups to fundraise for support of natural areas
Learn more about the ways you can help preserve natural areas, and what the City is doing:
- Reducing Pesticide Use
- How to Control Western Tent Caterpillars
- Removing Invasive Species
- Goose Management