Natural Area Management
The City has a number of important natural areas and habitats.
Natural areas in Victoria include what is left of the once-widespread Garry Oak ecosystem, as well as Cottonwood bog, Douglas Fir forest, Coastal Bluffs and riparian zones.
- Monitors the health of natural park areas and endangered species in the city
- Promotes awareness of conservation and environmental issues to municipal staff and the public
- Develops and present educational programs for staff and the public
- Works with community groups involved in invasive species removal, vegetation control, natural area management
- Prepares grant proposals and work with groups to fundraise for support of natural areas