Pre-Application Community Consultation Notice & Instructions for Applicants
During the COVID-19 pandemic, development application plans will be posted on the Development Tracker as a substitute for the Community Association Land Use Committee (CALUC) Community Meeting. An online comment form is available on the Development Tracker to share comments with the applicant, CALUC, and City. The applicant’s, CALUC’s, and City’s contact information is also available on the Development Tracker so that individuals can reach out to discuss the proposal.
To inform neighbours that they can review the plans on the Development Tracker and fill out an online comment form, applicants must follow the steps outlined below.
All of the information from the online comment form will be provided to the applicant, CALUC, and City. Comment forms submitted by residents or other third parties will include personal email addresses. These email addresses are only for the purpose of the CALUC or applicant to contact individuals regarding their comments. The email addresses must be secure from any other purpose and are not to be provided to any third party for any other purpose than described.
Please note that handwritten Community Consultation Notice forms will not be accepted.
Please complete this process in the following sequence:
- Fill out the Community Consultation Notice form electronically;
- Save a copy for your records;
- Have the form signed by the Chair or a representative for the Community Association Land Use Committee. Please contact the Land Use Committee Chair directly to arrange for sign off. NOTE: The Community Consultation Notice form must be signed by a representative for the Community Association Land Use Committee before being submitted to Development Services;
- Email the signed form to Development Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the plans and a summary letter (see submission requirements below);
- Staff will prepare the map for the Community Consultation Notice and will contact you to confirm the accuracy of the subject property;
- Staff will contact you to discuss payment options for the pre-application fee.
The City will then mail the notice to all owners and occupants of properties located within 100 metres of the subject property (or 200 meters if an Official Community Plan amendment is proposed). Plans will be posted on the Development Tracker for 30 days. There must be at least 30 days (and no more than six months) from pre-application before a rezoning application can be submitted.
This service will cost $750 per mail out or $1250 if an Official Community Plan amendment is proposed.
Applicants are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained on the notice and will be required to arrange and pay for advertising a second community consultation if the information is incorrect. The City will send out the notice exactly as it is submitted.
Applicants must provide the following to be posted to the Development Tracker:
- Site plan
- Floor plans
- Photos or illustration of proposal in relation to flanking buildings
- Landscape plan
In addition, the applicant should provide a rationale for the proposed development, responding to items specified in the ‘Letter to Mayor and Council' section of the Rezoning Information and Application package.
In some cases (e.g. where an existing building's use is being changed) less information may be acceptable, if the Land Use Committee Chair agrees.Go to Top