We've updated housing conversion regulations to make it easier to convert houses to multiple units.
Less red tape means more housing options for renters and owners.
Key changes to the regulations include:
- Houses built in 1984 or before are now eligible for conversions.
- More opportunities to use the space within a building, such as attics and under height basements.
- Relaxed restrictions on exterior changes.
- Increased and incentivized permitted number of units for buildings with heritage designation, rental units, or affordable units
- No minimum vehicle parking requirements and new long-term bike parking requirements.
- Current Schedule G – House Conversion Regulations
- Current Schedule C – Off Street Parking Regulations
For questions about the house conversion regulations you can reach staff by email or by phone at 250.361.0382