Development cost charge rates are divided into land use categories. Please click here [PDF - 33 KB] for a complete breakdown of the new rates.

When are DCC fees due?

  • Subdivisions - A development cost charge to subdivide a property to create single-family houses and duplexes is due when an application has been approved.
  • Other Developments – A development cost charge for all other development applications, such as townhouses, apartment buildings, commercial, industrial and institutional developments, is due when a building permit is issued.

Where do I pay this fee?

The appropriate fee must be paid in person at the Permits & Inspections Department located on the second floor of Victoria City Hall (on the corner of Douglas Street and Pandora Avenue). Payments can be made by cash or certified cheque.