Permits & Inspections
Why Do I Need a Permit & How Do I Get One?
The City of Victoria requires permits to protect private and public property, ensuring life safety standards are upheld, protecting the interests of both individuals and the community as a whole. Permit applications are reviewed against Zoning Bylaws, Planning Policies and other applicable legislation such as the BC code requirements for health, safety, fire protection and accessibility.
To obtain a permit please follow the links provided under Applications & Information and you will find information that will assist you through the application process.
If you are not sure if you need a permit, send us an email with a description of the project and the type of building or address.
Applications & Information:
We are currently experiencing delays in processing times of approximately an additional 10-15 business days. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.
• Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch Liquor License Application Referrals
A variety of convenient online self serve options are available through our various web applications and our Permit Services Representatives are available to provide service and assistance with the following:
- Applications for Building, Signage, and Blasting Permits may be submitted by emailing email@example.com
- Inspections are available through MyCity (Homeowner Electrical Permit inspections must be done by email)
- Permit History and active permit status may be viewed through VicMap
- Technical inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 250.361.0344 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
In person: 2nd floor of Victoria City Hall, 1 Centennial Square
Reporting Work Without Permit
Work Without Permit can be reported online by using the online Complaint Submission Form.
Go to Top