A Blasting Permit is required prior to all blasting.
Current Blasting Operations Bylaw
Blasting Permit Applications
- Permit applications may be submitted to email@example.com
- Please contact a Permit Services Representative at 250.361.0344 if you are unable to apply by email or require additional information on the Blasting Permit process
Blasting Permit fees are found on our Fee Schedule
Blasting is defined as the controlled detonation of explosives to alter existing topographical conditions and are subject to the following:
- Blasting may be carried out weekdays 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturdays 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. Blasting is prohibited on Sundays and holidays.
- Blasting companies are required to notify in writing, all properties located within a 100 meter radius of the blast area. This notification outlines the duration of the project, expected date of blasting, signals to warn of impending blast and contact information for the blasting company.
- A Blasting Permit requires the blasting company to provide evidence of third party public liability and property damage insurance in an amount of not less than $5 million for any claims which may arise from the proposed blasting.
Active Blasting Permits can be viewed online using VicMap.
- Please call the blasting company as per the notice provided by the blasting company. They will be able to answer questions or concerns on specific blasting projects.
- Safe blasting practices are enacted and enforced by WorkSafeBC. Please contact WorkSafeBC (Victoria) with any safety concerns.
Information, Policies & Resources
- Noise Bylaw (Consolidated) - No. 03-012 [PDF - 2 MB]
- City of Victoria Noise District Map [PDF - 1.8 MB]