Victoria is transitioning towards paperless application and review processes
Digital application and review processes are now available for all types of building permit applications. Electrical permits can be applied for online through MyCity. Online plumbing permit applications are currently in development and expected to be available in late 2019. These improvements will provide greater convenience for customers, support improved review processes, and reduce the environmental impact associated with applications related to printing and travel needs.
All types of building permits can now be applied for through a paperless application process. Applications cannot be made by email or online, applicants are required to bring in a USB drive with digital copies of their application documents and plans. A USB drive should also be brought in to retrieve the digital documents at permit issuance. Please refer to the following application e-checklists for submission requirements.
- Complex Building e-Checklist (New Projects, Additions and Exterior Alteration).pdf [PDF - 748 KB]
- Complex Building Application e-Checklist (Interior Alterations, Change of Use) [PDF - 693 KB]
- Single Family Dwelling or Duplex Application e-Checklist (New Projects, Additions and Exterior Alterations) [PDF - 1 MB]
- Single Family Dwelling or Duplex Application e-Checklist (Interior Alterations, Change of Use) [PDF - 744 KB]
- Interior Strip Out Application e-Checklist (All Buildings) [PDF - 620 KB]
- Demolition Application e-Checklist (for Paperless Demolition Applications) [PDF - 608 KB]
Online electrical permit applications are now available via MyCity.
Online options for Homeowners permits and inspection scheduling are not available at this time.
Coming in late 2019 - Online applications for Plumbing Permits
Online options for Homeowners permits and inspection scheduling do not exist at this time.Go to Top