Victoria is transitioning towards paperless application and review processes
Online electrical permit applications are now available via MyCity.
Online options for Homeowners permits and inspection scheduling are not available at this time.
Digital application and review processes will be phased in throughout 2018 and 2019. This improvement will provide greater convenience for customers, support improved review processes, and reduce the environmental impact associated with applications related to printing and travel needs.
The first type of building permit application affected is demolition permits which will be available on May 7, 2018. Applicants will be required to bring in a USB drive with digital copies of their application documents and plans. Please review the following updated application checklist for further details regarding digital demolition applicaton requirements such as file naming standards.
***Please note that effective January 2, 2018, Paper applications will no longer be accepted for demolition permits. Applications must be submitted digitally at the Permits and Inspections counter.***
The following application types are not affected at this time.
- Complex Building Application Checklist (New Projects, Additions and Exterior Alteration) [PDF - 648 KB]
- Complex Building Application Checklist (Interior Alterations, Change of Use) [PDF - 412 KB]
- Single Family Dwelling or Duplex Application Checklist (New Projects, Additions and Exterior Alterations) [PDF - 434 KB]
- Single Family Dwelling or Duplex Application Checklist (Interior Alterations, Change of Use) [PDF - 513 KB]
- Interior Strip Out Application Checklist (All Buildings) [PDF - 458 KB]
Coming soon in (late 2018 - early 2019) - Online applications for Plumbing Permits
Online options for Homeowners permits and inspection scheduling do not exist at this time.Go to Top