Electronic Permit Application Options (ePermits)
The City of Victoria is currrently transitioning towards paperless application and review processes. This is a multi-year project for which this page will provide ongoing information and updates. Electrical and plumbing permits will be the first application types to be fully online. Digital building permit review processes are being developed concurrently with electrical and plumbing online applications. Changes to application forms and specifcs on timing are available below for each of the disciplines.
Digital application and review processes will be phased in throughout 2018 and 2019. This improvement will provide greater convenience for customers, support improved review processes, and reduce the environmental impact associated with applications related to printing and travel needs.
The first type of building permit application affected is demolition permits which will be available on May 7, 2018. Applicants will be required to bring in a USB drive with digital copies of their application documents and plans. Please review the following updated application checklist for further details regarding digital demolition applicaton requirements such as file naming standards.
***Please note that effective January 2, 2018, Paper applications will no longer be accepted for demolition permits. Applications must be submitted digitally at the Permits and Inspections counter.***
The following application types are not affected at this time.
- Complex Building Application Checklist (New Projects, Additions and Exterior Alteration) [PDF - 648 KB]
- Complex Building Application Checklist (Interior Alterations, Change of Use) [PDF - 412 KB]
- Single Family Dwelling or Duplex Application Checklist (New Projects, Additions and Exterior Alterations) [PDF - 434 KB]
- Single Family Dwelling or Duplex Application Checklist (Interior Alterations, Change of Use) [PDF - 513 KB]
- Interior Strip Out Application Checklist (All Buildings) [PDF - 458 KB]
Online applications for Electrical Permits will be available on October 1, 2018.
Online options for Homeowners permits and inspection scheduling do not exist at this time.
Coming soon in (late 2018 - early 2019) - Online applications for Plumbing Permits
Online options for Homeowners permits and inspection scheduling do not exist at this time.Go to Top