For all buildings built prior to 1990, we will require a Hazmat survey or a Clearance Report prior to booking your first inspection as of January 1, 2018.
Inspections are needed for most construction or renovation projects and are important to ensure safety, accessibility and accountability.
Inspections ensure that renovation or construction work substantially complies with the BC Electrical Code Regulation, BC Building Code, BC Plumbing Code and the relevant City bylaws. Because of the complexity of buildings and construction methods, there are several required inspections [PDF - 135 KB] of the building, plumbing and electrical systems.
The permit package is required to be on site for all inspections. Important information [PDF - 616 KB] is in the permit package including the approved plans and application remarks.
Any changes or deviation from approved plans must be reviewed and approved by the City of Victoria prior to starting work on proposed changes. Revised plans and a Revisions After Issuance [PDF - 69 KB] form must be submitted to the Permits and Inspection Department.
Inspections can be scheduled online through MyCity. Please contact us for further questions regarding registering permits to your MyCity account or to obtain an access code if one was not provided at permit issuance.
Building inspections can also be scheduled by email or phone* 250.361.0344, ext. “0”.
Provide site contact name, phone number, project address, permit number, type of inspection and buzzer # if applicable. Inspections booked via MyCity can be made up until 7:00 a.m. the morning of the requested insepction if space is available. Inspections booked by email or phone can be booked until 4:00 p.m. the day prior to the requested inspection date. The inspection will be confirmed by the Inspector the day of the inspection between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Please ensure the work is ready to be inspected and that all necessary documents have been submitted or are available on site for the inspector. The permit package must be available on site at the time of inspection.
Plumbing Inspections and Electrical Inspections
Inspections can be requested through MyCity
- For more information on booking inspections through MyCity please refer to the MyCity User Guide [PDF - 974 KB].
- Inspections requested through MyCity do not require inspection request forms or authorizations.
- Inspections booked through MyCity can be booked up to 7:00 a.m. on the requested date of inspection.
Inspections scheduled through email will be taken up to 4:00 p.m. the day prior to the requested date of inspection.
- Plumbing Inspection Request form [PDF - 590 KB]: email or hand deliver.
- Electrical Contractor's Authorization form [PDF - 504 KB]: email or hand deliver.
- Plumbing inspection requests will be confirmed by the Inspector the day of the inspection between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Go to Top