Inspections ensure that the work described under a Permit matches the work that is done.
Requesting Your First Inspection
- For all buildings built prior to 1990, we require a Hazmat survey or a Clearance Report prior to booking the first inspection on your project.
Inspection Booking Requirements & Information
- Please review the list of Required Inspections prior to booking
- The permit package is required to be on site for all inspections
- The permit package contains Important information including the approved plans and application remarks
- The inspection booking will be confirmed on the date of the inspection between 8am and 10am
Building Permit Revisions
- Any changes to issued Building Permit plans must submitted with a Revisions After Issuance to firstname.lastname@example.org. The revised plans must be approved by the City of Victoria prior to starting work on proposed changes.
- Fire sprinkler drawings (Design Plans & Calculations) must submitted with a Revisions After Issuance to email@example.com
Requesting Building Inspections
- Online: MyCity Inspections can be requested online through MyCity until 7am on the morning of the requested date.
- Phone: 250.361.0344 Inspections can be requested by phone until 4pm the business day prior to the requested inspection date.
Requesting Plumbing or Electrical Inspections
- Online: MyCity
- For help scheduling inspections through MyCity please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homeowners requesting electrical inspections, please email email@example.com with the completed Homeowner Inspection Request form