Construction Noise Bylaw Exemption
Under certain circumstances, construction-generated noise can be exempt from the City's Noise Bylaw.
Current Noise Bylaw:
Applications and Forms
- Application Package for a Noise Bylaw Exemption [PDF - 464 KB]
- Applications are submitted by email to Permits@victoria.ca
The fee for a Noise Exemption application is $50.
Information, Policies & Resources
- Pursuant to section 20(7) of the Noise Bylaw, the time limit in section 20(5)(a) of that bylaw is reduced from ten (10) days to one (1) day for the duration of the Provincial state of emergency due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Application requirements for an Impact Assessment report prepared an Acoustical Engineer and Letters of Support from Impacted Property Owners are waived where the request for exemption includes hours that are:
- Not later than 8:00 pm Monday to Saturday and,
- Not earlier than 7:00 am Monday to Friday and 10:00 am Saturday (construction noise is not permitted on Sundays)
Where an application for exemption is outside of the above criteria, the application for an exemption under Part 4 - Section 20 of the Noise Bylaw No. 03-12 should include the following:
- A Complete Application Package for a Noise Bylaw Exemption [PDF - 464 KB]
- An Impact Assessment report prepared by an Acoustical Engineer. This will include a map indicating affected properties as determined by the engineer.
- Letter of Support from each of the neighboring affected properties. Letters should be from the owner of the property and include:
- An acknowledgment of the noise level expected
- The date and times outside of the permissions of the bylaw
Go to Top