Construction Noise Bylaw Exemption
Under certain circumstances, construction-generated noise can be exempt from the City's Noise Bylaw.
- Pursuant to section 20(7) of the Noise Bylaw, the time limit in section 20(5)(a) of that bylaw is reduced from ten (10) days to one (1) day for the duration of the Provincial state of emergency due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Application requirements for an Impact Assessment report prepared an Acoustical Engineer and Letters of Support from Impacted Property Owners are waived where the request for exemption includes hours that are:
- not later than 8:00 pm Monday to Saturday and,
- not earlier than 7:00 am Monday to Friday and 10:00 am Saturday (construction noise is not permitted on Sundays)
- Complete the Noise Bylaw Exemption application form
- Submit an Impact Assessment report prepared by an Acoustical Engineer. This will include a map indicating affected properties as determined by the engineer.
- Letter of Support from each of the neighboring affected properties. Letters should be from the owner of the property and include an acknowledgement of the noise level expected and the date and times outside of the permissions of the bylaw.
Go to Top