Business & Service Continuity
A continuity plan helps ensure that your business or organization's critical functions will be available to your customers and suppliers in the event of an emergency.
Why are Business Continuity Plans important?
Local business are important in the preparedness, response, and recovery of a community. A continuity plan can be used for any type of business disruption or crisis such as a power outage, flood, earthquake, or fire. Businesses and organizations without a plan could face large financial loss or close, hurting themselves and the many people they serve and employ. A continuity plan will help ensure that the critical functions of your business or organization are able to provide for your customers and/or community during a crisis. Contact us for more information on how to create a Business Continuity Plan or arrange a presentation for your workplace.
Start Planning for Business Continuity Now
Get started in preparing your small business' or organization's continuity plan with the resources below:
- Service Continuity Planning Guide for Community Based Organizations [PDF - 174 KB]
- Act Now - How to Prepare an Emergency Response Plan for Your Small Business
- Visit PreparedBC to download a Guide for Small Businesses and the Emergency Plan for Small Businesses resource to learn more about preparing for a business interruption and how to keep your employees safe.
- Visit The Insurance Bureau of Canada to learn about Business Insurance Coverage.
- Visit Emergency Preparedness for Industry and Commerce Council to learn about resources available to businesses throughout British Columbia.
- Visit DRI Canada or the Justice Institute of British Columbia to learn more about Training for Business Continuity.