Each and every day, City staff strive to keep Victoria clean.
The City's Street Cleaning Section is proud to play a role in keeping our city beautiful and inviting to residents and visitors.
City of Victoria Street Cleaners:
- Clean your street regularly
- Remover litter and dog mess from sidewalks during routing cleaning
- Respond to requests to remove large amounts of litter on city property
- Respond to requests to pick up hypodermic needles from city property
- Clean all City parking lots and parkades weekly
- Empty street litter bins regularly
- Attend road accidents to remove debris
- Remove graffiti from city property
- Keep the Inner Harbour area clean of debris
Downtown Victoria is cleaned continuously. In other shopping areas, we clean once a week. In residential areas, cleaning is carried out once every six weeks, depending on the amount of litter.
How You Can Help
- Don't drop litter or chewing gum on the streets
- Dispose of waste in the proper place
- Tell us if you see an overflowing bin
- Pick up after your dog
- Don't put sharp objects or hypodermic needles in litter bins
- Recycle your glass bottles, aluminum, and paper
If you require street cleaning services in your area, call us at our 24hr line 250.361.0400 or email Public Works.Go to Top