The City of Victoria maintains two bridges: the Johnson Street Bridge and the Point Ellice Bridge.
Johnson Street Bridge Lift Operations
To contact the Johnson Street bridge operator:
- 24hr phone number 250-385-5717
- Marine Radio – Johnson Street Bridge VAH20 on VHF Ch.12 (156.6 mHz)
The Johnson Street Bridge is closed to marine use during automobile peak traffic hours 0700-0900 and 1600-1800 local time Monday to Saturday.
Bridge Operator is on duty 09:00-16:00 7-days a week except Dec. 25, 26 and Jan. 1. Saturdays and Sundays, the operator may occasionally leave the bridge for short durations to answer City emergency calls.
Bridge Operators are available for lifts on a call-out basis during non-manned hours by phoning 250.385.5717. 90 minutes advance notice is recommended.
There is a $75 charge for lifts during the following hours:
- 00:01-07:00 Monday - Friday
- 00:01-07:00 and 16:00-24:00 Saturday
- 00:01-08:00 and 16:00-24:00 Sunday