Each and every day, City staff strive to keep Victoria clean.
The City’s Street Cleaning Section is proud to play a role in keeping our city beautiful and inviting to residents and visitors.
Downtown Victoria is cleaned continuously. In other shopping areas, City Crews clean once a week. In residential areas, cleaning is carried out once every six weeks, depending on the amount of litter.
The City of Victoria’s street cleaning team:
- Clean your street regularly
- Remove litter and dog messes from sidewalks during routine cleaning
- Respond to requests to remove large amounts of litter on city property
- Respond to requests to pick up hypodermic needles from city property
- Clean all City parking lots and parkades weekly
- Empty street litter bins regularly
- Attend road accidents to remove debris
- Remove graffiti from city property
- Keep the Inner Harbour area clean of debris