Building the All Ages and Abilities (AAA) cycling network is underway. Various routes are at different stages of progress from planning and consultation to construction.
To provide input on current active transportation projects, visit the City’s Engagement Hub.
Current Project Details
Summer 2021- Construction has started on Government Street North and Richardson Street. Construction on Kings-Haultain, and Oaklands, Fernwood and Vancouver Street Connectors will start in the fall.
Council has approved the following projects for the next phases of the AAA cycling network that will be constructed in 2021. Road safety improvements will be coming to six more corridors in 2021. Learn more about the upcoming projects through the summary sheets below:
- Richardson Street Background [PDF]. See what the changes to the street will look like.
- Government Street North [PDF] (Pandora Ave to Gorge Rd)
- Kings-Haultain Corridor [PDF] (Douglas St to Richmond Rd)
- Fernwood Connector [PDF] (Haultain St to Begbie St)
- Oaklands Connector [PDF] (Hillside Rd to Haultain St)
- Kimta Road/E&N Connector [PDF] (Johnson Street Bridge to E&N Regional Trail)
Coming 2022- Fort Street
Council has approved the following project for construction in 2022. Learn more about the project through the summary sheet below:
- Fort Street [PDF] (Cook St to Foul Bay Rd)
James Bay Cycling Routes - Three new routes
- Superior, Montreal, and Government Street were approved by Council in August 2021 as AAA priority cycling corridors. See the preliminary design concepts here- please note, these are subject to refinement through detailed design in 2021.
- Superior Street design concept [PDF]
- Montreal Street design concept [PDF]
- Government Street design concept- Humboldt to Toronto Street [PDF]
- Government Street design concept- Toronto Street to Dallas Road [PDF]
Completed Projects History
|Location||Extent||Facility type||Open date|
|Pandora Avenue||Cook St - Store St||2-way protected bike lane||May 2017|
|Johnson Street Bridge||Store St - Harbour Rd||Separated multi-use bridge deck||Mar 2018|
|Fort Street||Cook St - Wharf St||2-way protected bike lane||May 2018|
|Wharf Street||Pandora Ave - Government St||2-way protected bike lane||Aug 2019|
|Humboldt Street||Government St - Douglas St||2-way protected bike lane||Aug 2019|
|Humboldt Street||Douglas St - Quadra St||Advisory bike lanes||Aug 2020|
|Humboldt Street||Quadra St - Pakington St||Shared-use neighbourhood bikeway||Aug 2020|
|Harbour Road||Johnson Street Bridge -
Galloping Goose trailhead
|2-way protected bike lane||
|Dallas Road||Dock St - Clover Point||Separated off-street pathway||
|Graham / Jackson||Bay St - Tolmie Ave||Shared-use neighbourhood bikeway||
|Vancouver Street||Bay St - Park Boulevard||Shared-use neighbourhood bikeway and 1-way protected bike lanes||
Network Status- August 2021
To subscribe to email updates on active transportation updates email email@example.com