The Hillside/Quadra corridor will extend the Vancouver Street AAA route through the neighbourhood and to the Saanich border at Tolmie Avenue. The design proposes a shared-use facility from Bay Street along Graham Street, on Vista Heights and then north up Jackson Street.
The City is making priority investments on Graham and Jackson Street to achieve inter-municipal AAA connectivity and desired cycling safety goals. The project features:
- 1.3km of shared AAA facilities
- Two pedestrian crossing improvements at Hillside Avenue and Finlayson Avenue
- Three cycling crossing improvements at Hillside Avenue, Jackson Avenue and Finlayson Avenue
- No impacts to on-street parking or boulevard trees
- Neighbourhood traffic calming
Status: Improvements on Graham and Jackson Streets are currently undergoing detailed design and construction is anticipated to start in early 2020. The Graham / Fifth corridor will remain on the City’s long-term AAA network to allow for a future multi-use path.
Engagement: City staff conducted public engagement in early 2019 through public open houses, on-street pop ups, online surveys and walking tours.
Go to Top