The Hillside/Quadra corridor will extend the Vancouver Street AAA route through the neighbourhood and to the Saanich border at Tolmie Avenue. The design proposes a shared-use facility from Bay Street along Graham Street, on Vista Heights and then north up Jackson Street.
Design: The City will make priority investments on Graham and Jackson Street to achieve inter-municipal AAA connectivity and desired cycling safety goals. The project features:
- 1.3km of shared AAA facilities
- Two pedestrian crossing improvements at Hillside Avenue and Finlayson Avenue
- Three cycling crossing improvements at Hillside Avenue, Jackson Avenue and Finlayson Avenue
- No impacts to on-street parking or boulevard trees
- Neighbourhood traffic calming
Status: Improvements on Graham and Jackson Streets will undergo detailed design and with construction anticipated to start by the end of 2019. The Graham / Fifth corridor will remain on the City’s long-term AAA network to allow for a future multi-use path.
Engagement: City staff conducted public engagement in early 2019 through public open houses, on-street pop ups, online surveys and walking tours.
Go to Top