The Hillside/Quadra corridor will extend the Vancouver Street AAA route from Bay Street to the Saanich border at Tolmie Avenue. The approved design is a shared-use neighbourhood bikeway along Graham and Jackson Streets.
The City is making priority investments on Graham and Jackson Street to achieve inter-municipal AAA connectivity and desired cycling safety goals. The project features:
- 1.3km of shared AAA facilities
- Two pedestrian crossing improvements at Hillside Avenue and Finlayson Avenue
- Three cycling crossing improvements at Hillside Avenue, Jackson Avenue and Finlayson Avenue
- No impacts to on-street parking or boulevard trees
- Neighbourhood traffic calming
Status: This project is currently under construction and is expected to be complete in early 2021.
Engagement: City staff conducted public engagement in early 2019 through public open houses, on-street pop ups, online surveys and walking tours.
Go to Top