Go Victoria will define our mobility future
The City of Victoria needs a transportation system that is safe, efficient, and resilient. The City is developing a new mobility strategy in 2019 called Go Victoria. This strategy will define the vision for transportation over the coming decades. Go Victoria will establish a new framework for moving people, goods and services and will identify strategies and indicators for assessing the performance of transportation in our capital city.
The planning process will include data analysis and community input to identify how we can improve transportation safety, mobility options, and enhance the overall experience of getting around. Whether you call Victoria home, commute into the city, or are here for a visit, Go Victoria is an important strategy that will address:
- Walking, cycling, skateboarding, public transit, and driving
- Using mobility services, such as taxis, ride-hailing, water taxis, car-share, or bike-share
- Curb space and parking management, including passenger loading
- Goods and services movement, including deliveries and commercial loading
- Long-distance travel, such as float planes, ferries, and cruise ships
- New and emerging technology that is making mobility more open, integrated, and seamless
Go Victoria Launch Event:
an evening of short films and thought-provoking discussion on the future of mobility in our capital city with industry-leading speakers and the community.
Real time interactive polls showed the audience's values as they related to transporation and mobility.
The consultant team from Nelson/Nygaard also presented to Victoria City Council earlier in the day about how the Go Victoria mobility stategy would be shaped over the coming months. Click here to see the presentation to Council. The City's Director of Engineering and Public Works Fraser Work, along with Nelson/Nygaard's Principal and Director of Strategy were also featured on CBC radio to outline the Go Victoria engagement and strategy development process. Listen to the interview here
So Where Do We Go, Victoria?
What’s most important to you when it comes to mobility in Victoria? What do you think our biggest mobility opportunities are right now? What do you see as the future of mobility for our city and region?
Through the first half of 2019, we’ll be out in our many neighborhoods, talking to you, hearing from you, and partnering with you to define Our Mobility Future.
- Values – We’ll use your input on mobility values to understand what’s most important and to shape what the Mobility Strategy must help us achieve. Prioritizing these values will be critical as we move ahead to identify investments.
- Goals and Metrics – The values will inform our goals and metrics, which will be used to support decisions about priority projects and programs. We’ll shape the many project ideas and funding needs identified in previous plans into scenarios that maximize different goals and outcomes.
- Decision-Making Tools – Making tough choices about what our points of emphasis must be requires tools that track back to our values. Your input on values, goals, and metrics becomes the basis for a decision-making framework to help us make tradeoffs, prioritize the scenarios, and establish recommendations for near-term actions.
- Priority Actions – To advance our mobility future will require dedicated and sustained funding. We will identify what’s needed to advance our implementation plan. And we’ll move ahead boldly with changes that advance our values.
Go to Top