Residential garbage is billed based on the legal occupancy of the property (the number of dwelling units) not the number of cans collected.
- Single Family Dwelling = 1 dwelling unit
- Duplex = 2 dwelling units
- Triplex = 3 dwelling units
- Fourplex = 4 dwelling units
- and so on...
What is the residential garbage rate per dwelling unit and when was the last rate change?
Effective January 1, 2019 the new rates are as follows:
- 80 Litre Bin = $65.21 every 4 months
- 120 Litre Bin = $74.13 every 4 months
- 180 Litre Bin = $87.52 every 4 months
- 240 Litre Bin = $148.26 every 4 months (1 bin shared by 2 dwellings within same property/one folio)
- 240 Litre Bin = $195.63every 4 months (1 bin shared by 3 dwellings within same property/one folio)
- No grey garbage bin = $65.21 every 4 months
What happens if I want to change my bin size, or the bin is lost or damaged?
- Change of Bin Size = $30 per request. Click here to request a change.
- Lost or Damaged Bin = Actual Cost of Replacement / Repair of Bin
How much are extra garbage tickets?
The fee for extra garbage tickets is $4 each at a maximum of 15 kg per bag.
Where can I find more information about the Kitchen Scraps and Garbage Program?
Are there garbage discount rates for 5 dwellings or more that have their garbage cans grouped in one location?
NoGo to Top