How the Water and Sewer Systems are Maintained
Water and sanitary sewer systems are maintained to protect public health and keep the City's assets in good condition.
Underground pipes can deteriorate over time due to age and environmental elements such as soil, roots and water. Victoria’s infrastructure is amongst the oldest in Canada, with some built prior to the turn of the last century!
The City maintains good operation of the underground system with maintenance programs that:
- Prevent failure of the facilities
- Detect and eliminate weak links in the system
- Analyze how pipe networks stand up when implemented to help guide future installations
- Ensure repairs are completed before damage and interruption of service occurs
- Detect and eliminate safety hazards
- Reduce the cost of maintenance
Learn about current projects here.
Go to Top