Cost Saving Green Driving Tips
April 26, 2013
Over 145 City of Victoria staff recently took FleetSmart driver training with a focus on safety and techniques to increase fuel efficiency.
Here are some tips that you can use to reduce your carbon footprint and spend less on fuel.
Did you know?
- 15% fuel savings can be achieved by taking 5 seconds to accelerate to 20km/hr and by shifting to the highest gear possible as soon as possible.
- 20% savings are achievable by maintaining a steady speed.
- Save energy by not idling and ease off the air conditioning. 75% of energy in a litre of gasoline can be wasted by idling and by running air conditioning and other extra devices.
- Plan your trip to avoid stops and starts and permit a steady speed to reduce fuel use.
- Tires that are underinflated by as little as 8 psi will increase fuel use by 4%. To save even more money the life of tires can be extended by 10,000 km when kept properly inflated.
Click here to learn more about what you can do to green your home- reducing your energy use and costs along the way.Go to Top